Nov 8, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman spoke briefly after Thursday’s CBA meetings and while he didn’t talk about the specifics of the negotiations, some of his generalized statements were telling.
“We have a lot of work to do and we’re working hard,” Bettman said. He also spoke about his hope of getting a “fair agreement in place as quickly as possible.”
So how are the talks going overall?
“Collective bargaining is a process and it has peaks and valleys and ebbs and flows, and it is very tough to handicap,” Bettman said.
If you’re interested in watching Bettman’s full press conference, you can do so below. Don’t worry, it won’t take up much of your time:
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40