Nov 8, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman spoke briefly after Thursday’s CBA meetings and while he didn’t talk about the specifics of the negotiations, some of his generalized statements were telling.
“We have a lot of work to do and we’re working hard,” Bettman said. He also spoke about his hope of getting a “fair agreement in place as quickly as possible.”
So how are the talks going overall?
“Collective bargaining is a process and it has peaks and valleys and ebbs and flows, and it is very tough to handicap,” Bettman said.
If you’re interested in watching Bettman’s full press conference, you can do so below. Don’t worry, it won’t take up much of your time:
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)