Nov 8, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman spoke briefly after Thursday’s CBA meetings and while he didn’t talk about the specifics of the negotiations, some of his generalized statements were telling.
“We have a lot of work to do and we’re working hard,” Bettman said. He also spoke about his hope of getting a “fair agreement in place as quickly as possible.”
So how are the talks going overall?
“Collective bargaining is a process and it has peaks and valleys and ebbs and flows, and it is very tough to handicap,” Bettman said.
If you’re interested in watching Bettman’s full press conference, you can do so below. Don’t worry, it won’t take up much of your time:
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)