Nov 8, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman spoke briefly after Thursday’s CBA meetings and while he didn’t talk about the specifics of the negotiations, some of his generalized statements were telling.
“We have a lot of work to do and we’re working hard,” Bettman said. He also spoke about his hope of getting a “fair agreement in place as quickly as possible.”
So how are the talks going overall?
“Collective bargaining is a process and it has peaks and valleys and ebbs and flows, and it is very tough to handicap,” Bettman said.
If you’re interested in watching Bettman’s full press conference, you can do so below. Don’t worry, it won’t take up much of your time:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25