Nov 8, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman spoke briefly after Thursday’s CBA meetings and while he didn’t talk about the specifics of the negotiations, some of his generalized statements were telling.
“We have a lot of work to do and we’re working hard,” Bettman said. He also spoke about his hope of getting a “fair agreement in place as quickly as possible.”
So how are the talks going overall?
“Collective bargaining is a process and it has peaks and valleys and ebbs and flows, and it is very tough to handicap,” Bettman said.
If you’re interested in watching Bettman’s full press conference, you can do so below. Don’t worry, it won’t take up much of your time:
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (146)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)