Nov 7, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
Is Max Talbot on his way to the SM-liiga?
That’s the story out of Tampere on Tuesday, as club side Ilves announced it has agreed to a deal with the Flyers forward.
The deal appears to be contingent on the current work stoppage. The Ilves website alludes to a “lockout agreement” suggesting that, if CBA talks go sideways and the lockout appears primed to go longer, Talbot will jump the pond.
(That said, Ilves seems ready for Max to come on board — he’s already got his own player profile page on the site.)
It’s a curious decision by Talbot as he’s been anything but inactive during the labor strife. He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, recently wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
The games were a huge success — raising over $400,000 for charity — with veteran Montreal Gazette writer Pat Hickey classifying the level of play as “lots of hard skating and a surprising competitiveness.”
In Tampere, Talbot will join Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindback and ex-Nashville Predators defenseman Ville Koistinen as the team’s lone players with NHL experience.
UPDATE: Looks like Talbot is signed, sealed and delivered to Tampere. Here’s the video evidence…
Talbot’s agent, Pat Brisson, also confirmed the signing to CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio.
CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker reports Talbot is going “just to get a little competition and practice.”
Aug 1, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
He’s heading into the final year of his two-year, $5 million deal.
Aug 1, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Winnipeg was affiliated with the Ontario Reign last season.
Aug 1, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He signed a two-year, bridge contract worth $5.6 million on Thursday.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
He’s also a veteran of 616 career games.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
That’s close to the middle between his and Washington’s requests.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The decision surprised Arizona’s general manager.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The defenseman spent the 2014-15 campaign in the Swiss League.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He considers himself a “young 29.”
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Ray Shero’s restructure continues.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)