Nov 7, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
Is Max Talbot on his way to the SM-liiga?
That’s the story out of Tampere on Tuesday, as club side Ilves announced it has agreed to a deal with the Flyers forward.
The deal appears to be contingent on the current work stoppage. The Ilves website alludes to a “lockout agreement” suggesting that, if CBA talks go sideways and the lockout appears primed to go longer, Talbot will jump the pond.
(That said, Ilves seems ready for Max to come on board — he’s already got his own player profile page on the site.)
It’s a curious decision by Talbot as he’s been anything but inactive during the labor strife. He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, recently wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
The games were a huge success — raising over $400,000 for charity — with veteran Montreal Gazette writer Pat Hickey classifying the level of play as “lots of hard skating and a surprising competitiveness.”
In Tampere, Talbot will join Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindback and ex-Nashville Predators defenseman Ville Koistinen as the team’s lone players with NHL experience.
UPDATE: Looks like Talbot is signed, sealed and delivered to Tampere. Here’s the video evidence…
Talbot’s agent, Pat Brisson, also confirmed the signing to CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio.
CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker reports Talbot is going “just to get a little competition and practice.”
Apr 27, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
Tough to argue with this two-way trio.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT
One Game 7 and one team hoping to force another.
Apr 27, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Tom Stillman did say “I’m sure there’ll be changes” following another first-round playoff defeat.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Expected to make full recovery within 4-6 weeks.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Former Maple Leaf and Red Wing appeared in over 1,200 career games, winning five Stanley Cups.
Apr 27, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Kevin Bieksa and Dan Hamhuis were each asked if they’d be willing to waive their no-trade clauses.
Apr 27, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
Flames head coach Bob Hartley confirmed the decision on Monday.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Tournament will be a big one for the Flyers forward.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:17 PM EDT
Thus ending the Scott Darling era… for now.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
New building could open by the fall of 2017.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Diminutive forward left Game 5 after taking a shot to the helmet.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Tournament begins May 1 in the Czech Republic.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Interference aside, Tampa Bay has had no shortage of power-play time.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Referees Dan O’Rourke (No. 9) and Dan O’Halloran (No. 13), linesmen Greg Devorski (No. 54) and Michel Cormier (No. 76).
Apr 27, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Pittsburgh has a lot of cap space tied up in two players.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Washington makes a lineup change in advance of Game 7 versus the Isles.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
“I spent seven years there.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
“I’m on my way to coming back. I’m just going through the protocol.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:07 AM EDT
Boston will also interview Ray Shero and Paul Fenton.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Injury information trickling in following Ottawa’s Game 6 loss.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)