Nov 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
One big question for any sport exiting a lockout is: who will be out of shape?
If the Vancouver Province’s Jason Botchford’s report is on-the-nose, the Canucks won’t be one of those teams.
“Our team, more than any other, is dedicated to fitness,” Kevin Bieksa said. “We always have been since I’ve been here. There’s been a huge emphasis. We have personnel in positions other teams don’t to make sure we have an advantage in nutrition, and health and fitness.”
Bieksa claims players like David Booth might work out too much.
Speaking of excessive gym attention, Daniel Sedin has an amusing take on Bieksa’s workout regime.
“He does a lot of bicep curls,” Sedin said. “For an hour, he’ll be on biceps.”
Despite the confidence regarding fitness, Sedin told Botchford the Canucks might be at a disadvantage because the team only has two players active in Europe and two more in the AHL.
Still, if the new CBA replaces shootouts with bicep curls, things could go quite swimmingly.
Click here for more on workout techniques, hunting aversions and other interesting bits.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 64
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)