Nov 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
One big question for any sport exiting a lockout is: who will be out of shape?
If the Vancouver Province’s Jason Botchford’s report is on-the-nose, the Canucks won’t be one of those teams.
“Our team, more than any other, is dedicated to fitness,” Kevin Bieksa said. “We always have been since I’ve been here. There’s been a huge emphasis. We have personnel in positions other teams don’t to make sure we have an advantage in nutrition, and health and fitness.”
Bieksa claims players like David Booth might work out too much.
Speaking of excessive gym attention, Daniel Sedin has an amusing take on Bieksa’s workout regime.
“He does a lot of bicep curls,” Sedin said. “For an hour, he’ll be on biceps.”
Despite the confidence regarding fitness, Sedin told Botchford the Canucks might be at a disadvantage because the team only has two players active in Europe and two more in the AHL.
Still, if the new CBA replaces shootouts with bicep curls, things could go quite swimmingly.
Click here for more on workout techniques, hunting aversions and other interesting bits.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)