Nov 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Sounds like the Stars could be sporting a new look in 2013-14.
That’s the scuttlebutt out of Dallas thanks to news first reported by Stars website writer Mark Stepneski, who said team officials saw mockups of possible new uniforms on Monday.
“The specifics of the uniforms are top secret,” Stepniski tweeted. “So don’t ask.”
But on Wednesday, owner Tom Gaglardi was pressed for comment during a radio interview on The Ticket 1310AM.
Host Norm Hitzges brought up the idea of new duds, which led to the following conversation:
Hitzges: There are rumors that the Stars might be designing a new uniform. True?
Gaglardi: That’s true, yes.
Hitzges: Any tips?
Gaglardi: It’s been speculated that we’re doing that. I think our jerseys have taken an interesting…(laughs) it’s been an interesting team, because we’ve had a history of changing our jerseys quite often.
We end up in a place now with our current jerseys — which I quite like, I think they’re very simple and attractive and modern — but a couple of things bother me. One is that we’re the only one of 30 teams that don’t wear their primary logo on their chest.
I don’t like that, I’m a bit of a hockey purist and that would be the one criticism I have of our current jersey.
[There's also] a bit of a lack of color with our current kit. So we’re looking at all those things, up to and including if we want to modify our current logo as well.
Gaglardi told Hitzges there’s no impending change for this year — “the earliest you might see something is in the 2013-14 season,” he said — and that this process of logo/uniform review was underway prior to him taking control of the club in November 2011.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)