Nov 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Sounds like the Stars could be sporting a new look in 2013-14.
That’s the scuttlebutt out of Dallas thanks to news first reported by Stars website writer Mark Stepneski, who said team officials saw mockups of possible new uniforms on Monday.
“The specifics of the uniforms are top secret,” Stepniski tweeted. “So don’t ask.”
But on Wednesday, owner Tom Gaglardi was pressed for comment during a radio interview on The Ticket 1310AM.
Host Norm Hitzges brought up the idea of new duds, which led to the following conversation:
Hitzges: There are rumors that the Stars might be designing a new uniform. True?
Gaglardi: That’s true, yes.
Hitzges: Any tips?
Gaglardi: It’s been speculated that we’re doing that. I think our jerseys have taken an interesting…(laughs) it’s been an interesting team, because we’ve had a history of changing our jerseys quite often.
We end up in a place now with our current jerseys — which I quite like, I think they’re very simple and attractive and modern — but a couple of things bother me. One is that we’re the only one of 30 teams that don’t wear their primary logo on their chest.
I don’t like that, I’m a bit of a hockey purist and that would be the one criticism I have of our current jersey.
[There’s also] a bit of a lack of color with our current kit. So we’re looking at all those things, up to and including if we want to modify our current logo as well.
Gaglardi told Hitzges there’s no impending change for this year — “the earliest you might see something is in the 2013-14 season,” he said — and that this process of logo/uniform review was underway prior to him taking control of the club in November 2011.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)