Nov 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Sounds like the Stars could be sporting a new look in 2013-14.
That’s the scuttlebutt out of Dallas thanks to news first reported by Stars website writer Mark Stepneski, who said team officials saw mockups of possible new uniforms on Monday.
“The specifics of the uniforms are top secret,” Stepniski tweeted. “So don’t ask.”
But on Wednesday, owner Tom Gaglardi was pressed for comment during a radio interview on The Ticket 1310AM.
Host Norm Hitzges brought up the idea of new duds, which led to the following conversation:
Hitzges: There are rumors that the Stars might be designing a new uniform. True?
Gaglardi: That’s true, yes.
Hitzges: Any tips?
Gaglardi: It’s been speculated that we’re doing that. I think our jerseys have taken an interesting…(laughs) it’s been an interesting team, because we’ve had a history of changing our jerseys quite often.
We end up in a place now with our current jerseys — which I quite like, I think they’re very simple and attractive and modern — but a couple of things bother me. One is that we’re the only one of 30 teams that don’t wear their primary logo on their chest.
I don’t like that, I’m a bit of a hockey purist and that would be the one criticism I have of our current jersey.
[There’s also] a bit of a lack of color with our current kit. So we’re looking at all those things, up to and including if we want to modify our current logo as well.
Gaglardi told Hitzges there’s no impending change for this year — “the earliest you might see something is in the 2013-14 season,” he said — and that this process of logo/uniform review was underway prior to him taking control of the club in November 2011.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (146)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)