Nov 7, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Sounds like the Stars could be sporting a new look in 2013-14.
That’s the scuttlebutt out of Dallas thanks to news first reported by Stars website writer Mark Stepneski, who said team officials saw mockups of possible new uniforms on Monday.
“The specifics of the uniforms are top secret,” Stepniski tweeted. “So don’t ask.”
But on Wednesday, owner Tom Gaglardi was pressed for comment during a radio interview on The Ticket 1310AM.
Host Norm Hitzges brought up the idea of new duds, which led to the following conversation:
Hitzges: There are rumors that the Stars might be designing a new uniform. True?
Gaglardi: That’s true, yes.
Hitzges: Any tips?
Gaglardi: It’s been speculated that we’re doing that. I think our jerseys have taken an interesting…(laughs) it’s been an interesting team, because we’ve had a history of changing our jerseys quite often.
We end up in a place now with our current jerseys — which I quite like, I think they’re very simple and attractive and modern — but a couple of things bother me. One is that we’re the only one of 30 teams that don’t wear their primary logo on their chest.
I don’t like that, I’m a bit of a hockey purist and that would be the one criticism I have of our current jersey.
[There’s also] a bit of a lack of color with our current kit. So we’re looking at all those things, up to and including if we want to modify our current logo as well.
Gaglardi told Hitzges there’s no impending change for this year — “the earliest you might see something is in the 2013-14 season,” he said — and that this process of logo/uniform review was underway prior to him taking control of the club in November 2011.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 33
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)