Nov 7, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Tonight’s meeting between the NHL and players’ union have concluded and as Pierre LeBrun from ESPN.com notes, more talks are on tap for tomorrow. Neither the league nor the NHLPA spoke with the media following tonight’s discussions.
Tonight was supposed to be when the two sides dug in to discuss the league’s “make whole” provision and that was touched upon briefly before things wrapped for the evening. The bulk of tonight’s five and a half hour meeting centered around revenue sharing.
As LeBrun notes, it’s expected the two sides will discuss more of the “make whole” concept as well as more on revenue sharing. TVA’s Louis Jean also says player contracting will be on the docket as well.
If you’re looking for a bright side here, the two sides have met for around 13 hours to try and get things patched together. That much talking without either side posturing for the media would presumably be a good thing.
Earlier tonight, the New York Post’s Larry Brooks revealed some of what the NHL may be looking to do to try and get an agreement including not fighting for contract term limits, amnesty buyouts, and assuming all of the cost for their “make whole” idea.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)