Nov 7, 2012, 9:21 PM EST
Tonight’s meeting between the NHL and players’ union have concluded and as Pierre LeBrun from ESPN.com notes, more talks are on tap for tomorrow. Neither the league nor the NHLPA spoke with the media following tonight’s discussions.
Tonight was supposed to be when the two sides dug in to discuss the league’s “make whole” provision and that was touched upon briefly before things wrapped for the evening. The bulk of tonight’s five and a half hour meeting centered around revenue sharing.
As LeBrun notes, it’s expected the two sides will discuss more of the “make whole” concept as well as more on revenue sharing. TVA’s Louis Jean also says player contracting will be on the docket as well.
If you’re looking for a bright side here, the two sides have met for around 13 hours to try and get things patched together. That much talking without either side posturing for the media would presumably be a good thing.
Earlier tonight, the New York Post’s Larry Brooks revealed some of what the NHL may be looking to do to try and get an agreement including not fighting for contract term limits, amnesty buyouts, and assuming all of the cost for their “make whole” idea.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)