Nov 7, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT
Tonight’s meeting between the NHL and players’ union have concluded and as Pierre LeBrun from ESPN.com notes, more talks are on tap for tomorrow. Neither the league nor the NHLPA spoke with the media following tonight’s discussions.
Tonight was supposed to be when the two sides dug in to discuss the league’s “make whole” provision and that was touched upon briefly before things wrapped for the evening. The bulk of tonight’s five and a half hour meeting centered around revenue sharing.
As LeBrun notes, it’s expected the two sides will discuss more of the “make whole” concept as well as more on revenue sharing. TVA’s Louis Jean also says player contracting will be on the docket as well.
If you’re looking for a bright side here, the two sides have met for around 13 hours to try and get things patched together. That much talking without either side posturing for the media would presumably be a good thing.
Earlier tonight, the New York Post’s Larry Brooks revealed some of what the NHL may be looking to do to try and get an agreement including not fighting for contract term limits, amnesty buyouts, and assuming all of the cost for their “make whole” idea.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)