Nov 7, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
While talks continue in New York City to try and figure out how to end the lockout, Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan is hoping a settlement can be reached sooner than later.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register hears it straightaway from Ryan about how he hopes an agreement can be reached to help save the game.
“We can’t afford to lose the year,” Ryan said. “Because the sport can’t. Guys can’t. There’s guys that are 36 and 37 years old. Teemu’s 42. This has got to be painful for them. I know how bad it is at 25.
“I hope we get things done in a short period of time. I hope everything comes together this week. It’d be great.”
Ryan isn’t alone in thinking that way and Selanne has been a bit ornery about being locked out for the third time in his career. His care about the state of the sport, however, is one we haven’t seen many players his age share.
Mar 17, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
After injuries to Michal Neuvirth and Jhonas Enroth.
Mar 17, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Chicago once again leads the NHL in attendance.
Mar 17, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
“If I’m on the ice today, it’s because I want to return.”
Mar 17, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Bruins’ d-man is “too sore” to play.
Mar 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
He’ll be in the Calgary lineup Tuesday vs. Buffalo.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
That picture may give you a clue about the best.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Justin Abdelkader the latest Red Wing to get injured.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
No goals, just two points in first seven games as a Ranger.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Jean-Sebastien Giguere with a good line.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Bob helped Columbus move into third in the Metropolitan Division.
Mar 17, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
In a related story, Connor McDavid is draft-eligible next summer.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
The game also happens to be fairly huge for both teams.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Minnesota is 10-1-1 all-time versus Boston. Which you may find surprising.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Dallas has made a habit of collapsing late in the season.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
His return couldn’t come at a better time.
Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Ottawa’s nine points out with 15 games to play.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s had issues all season long.
Mar 17, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
Boston has won eight straight games.
Mar 17, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day.
- Video: Letang practices, says his goal is to return this season 5
- Who has the best and worst special teams in the NHL? 19
- Report: NHL pondering more draft lottery changes 13
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 3
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 11
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 23
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 8
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series (60)