Nov 7, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
While talks continue in New York City to try and figure out how to end the lockout, Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan is hoping a settlement can be reached sooner than later.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register hears it straightaway from Ryan about how he hopes an agreement can be reached to help save the game.
“We can’t afford to lose the year,” Ryan said. “Because the sport can’t. Guys can’t. There’s guys that are 36 and 37 years old. Teemu’s 42. This has got to be painful for them. I know how bad it is at 25.
“I hope we get things done in a short period of time. I hope everything comes together this week. It’d be great.”
Ryan isn’t alone in thinking that way and Selanne has been a bit ornery about being locked out for the third time in his career. His care about the state of the sport, however, is one we haven’t seen many players his age share.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)