Nov 6, 2012, 7:42 PM EDT
The latest update is basically a good news/bad news situation.
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher shared the “relatively good news” about Granlund to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo: he has a lateral right ankle sprain that will sideline him between two weeks and a month.
(Again, that’s not great news, but Russo points out that a high-ankle sprain would be much worse.)
Russo also passed along Fletcher’s a far-less-positive update on Brodin: a broken clavicle will force him to miss at least eight weeks, with doctors still determining a “course of treatment” that may involve one of two options:
Doctors will either a) allow the bone to heal or b) surgically insert a plate.
Those are not exactly the most appealing choices, but at least Granlund seems primed for a reasonably quick comeback.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)