Nov 6, 2012, 7:42 PM EST
The latest update is basically a good news/bad news situation.
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher shared the “relatively good news” about Granlund to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo: he has a lateral right ankle sprain that will sideline him between two weeks and a month.
(Again, that’s not great news, but Russo points out that a high-ankle sprain would be much worse.)
Russo also passed along Fletcher’s a far-less-positive update on Brodin: a broken clavicle will force him to miss at least eight weeks, with doctors still determining a “course of treatment” that may involve one of two options:
Doctors will either a) allow the bone to heal or b) surgically insert a plate.
Those are not exactly the most appealing choices, but at least Granlund seems primed for a reasonably quick comeback.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 21
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)