Nov 6, 2012, 7:42 PM EDT
The latest update is basically a good news/bad news situation.
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher shared the “relatively good news” about Granlund to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo: he has a lateral right ankle sprain that will sideline him between two weeks and a month.
(Again, that’s not great news, but Russo points out that a high-ankle sprain would be much worse.)
Russo also passed along Fletcher’s a far-less-positive update on Brodin: a broken clavicle will force him to miss at least eight weeks, with doctors still determining a “course of treatment” that may involve one of two options:
Doctors will either a) allow the bone to heal or b) surgically insert a plate.
Those are not exactly the most appealing choices, but at least Granlund seems primed for a reasonably quick comeback.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 18
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery