Nov 6, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA ended their Tuesday meeting after roughly seven hours, according to various sources. Those same sources are reporting that the two sides will meet again on Wednesday.
(The exact time of the next round of discussions is unclear at the moment.)
Details are scarce, but many observers believe that a lack of post-meeting information is actually a good sign. What was said in the room has been left in the room, a positive development on the heels of an informal Saturday negotiating session.
It’s unclear if the NHLPA will release a statement regarding the meetings, but expect NHL exec Bill Daly’s comments shortly.
They probably won’t illuminate much of went on, but Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Sam Carchidi ranked among those pleased with that fact.
Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) November 07, 2012
* – The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti reports that they ended at 10:15 pm ET.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)