Nov 6, 2012, 11:41 AM EDT
A quick but potentially interesting update on today’s collective bargaining session:
Sidney Crosby and Penguins teammate Craig Adams have made a “last minute” decision to attend the meeting, according to Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
The decision to attend was announced shortly after Crosby and Adams practiced with teammates at the Southpointe Iceoplex in Pittsburgh.
It’s an interesting turn of events given that, yesterday, Rossi reported Crosby’s only plan for Tuesday was to attend a Madonna concert:
Adams said he was “looking into flights to New York,” but had not committed to attending the Tuesday meeting. Penguins teammates at Southpointe on Monday — Crosby, Matt Cooke, Pascal Dupuis and Chris Kunitz — said their plan was to practice again Tuesday and not attend the New York meeting.
Crosby, who along with Adams attended the last group negotiating session between the NHL and NHLPA in Toronto on Oct. 18, said he was unsure “who’s invited.”
Thus, he invited teammates and their significant others to join him in a private suite at Consol Energy Center for the Madonna concert.
“You don’t want to read into anything,” Crosby said of the Tuesday meeting.
Having both Crosby and Adams in attendance for Tuesday’s meeting is symbolic.
As one of the league’s biggest stars, Crosby has been front and center for a number of sessions — he, along with Jonathan Toews, flanked NHLPA boss Donald Fehr during media availability following last significant NHL-NHLPA meeting on Oct. 18.
The Harvard-educated Adams is a member of the NHLPA’s negotiating committee and Pittsburgh’s lone union representative.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
Tough to argue with this two-way trio.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT
One Game 7 and one team hoping to force another.
Apr 27, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Tom Stillman did say “I’m sure there’ll be changes” following another first-round playoff defeat.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Expected to make full recovery within 4-6 weeks.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Former Maple Leaf and Red Wing appeared in over 1,200 career games, winning five Stanley Cups.
Apr 27, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Kevin Bieksa and Dan Hamhuis were each asked if they’d be willing to waive their no-trade clauses.
Apr 27, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
Flames head coach Bob Hartley confirmed the decision on Monday.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Tournament will be a big one for the Flyers forward.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:17 PM EDT
Thus ending the Scott Darling era… for now.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
New building could open by the fall of 2017.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Diminutive forward left Game 5 after taking a shot to the helmet.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Tournament begins May 1 in the Czech Republic.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Interference aside, Tampa Bay has had no shortage of power-play time.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Referees Dan O’Rourke (No. 9) and Dan O’Halloran (No. 13), linesmen Greg Devorski (No. 54) and Michel Cormier (No. 76).
Apr 27, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Pittsburgh has a lot of cap space tied up in two players.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Washington makes a lineup change in advance of Game 7 versus the Isles.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
“I spent seven years there.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
“I’m on my way to coming back. I’m just going through the protocol.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:07 AM EDT
Boston will also interview Ray Shero and Paul Fenton.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Injury information trickling in following Ottawa’s Game 6 loss.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)