Nov 6, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Korpikoski first signed with TPS in early October, reuniting with the club he represented at the junior and senior levels before coming to North America in 2005-06.
His second stint in Turku has been highly successful. The 26-year-old posted 4G-6A-10PTS in just five games, an offensive explosion that prompted him to (jokingly?) declare he was going to send the Coyotes DVDs of his Finnish league exploits, “to show that I can score on the power play.”
This comment was in likely reference to the limited amount of man advantage time Korpikoski sees in Phoenix under head coach Dave Tippett.
Last season Korpikoski averaged just 43 power play seconds per game, which was less than Coyotes teammate Raffi Torres.
The year prior, he finished 18th on the team in average PP ice time — 41 seconds per game.
As for the new deal with TPS, Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects explains the six-game contract is one Korpikoski will likely continue to sign for the duration of the lockout.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 9
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (72)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)