Nov 6, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
For the second consecutive day, NHL players have left their European clubs and returned to North America.
This development comes 24 hours after Buffalo sniper Thomas Vanek announced he’d be leaving another Austrian club, the Graz 99ers, and returning to North America.
Vanek’s contract with Graz had expired, though he noted part of his reason for not re-upping with the 99ers was the latest round of CBA talks, which he classified as “going forward a bit.”
It seems Enstrom and Clarkson were of a similar mindset, leaving Red Bull on the same day the NHL and NHLPA were set to resume collective bargaining negotiations.
This meeting is seemingly of particular interest to Clarkson, an participant in previous NHL-NHLPA sessions.
As for the departures, here’s a statement released by Salzburg via Facebook (WARNING: Rough translation ahead.)
The NHL player David Clarkson and Tobias Enstrom are departed from Salzburg. That has different personal reasons, has mainly but that do that in the NHL again movement in the talks between NHL and players has come and both of which assume that the game company soon resumes in North America.
David Clarkson is also one of the National Hockey League players’ Association (NHLPA) indicates who is involved in these discussions. The sudden departure is also for the Red Bulls very disappointing.
Enstrom inked with Red Bull on Oct. 22 — Clarkson Oct. 24 — and the pair skated in five games each before pulling the chute. Clarkson finished with 2G-1A-3PTS and 18 penalty minutes; Enstrom posted one goal and a minus-three rating.
UPDATE: Tom Gulitti spoke with David Clarkson via telephone and relays the following information via Twitter.
“He said he is still in Austria and hasn’t officially left the team yet. Clarkson said the report that he and Enstrom had a dispute with [Red Bull head coach Pierre] Page is false and he’s’ enjoyed playing for Page and Red Bull.
“Austrian Hockey League is on a break right now. Clarkson said he has a meeting with EC Red Bull tomorrow.”
Oct 25, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
“I can see, thank God, I can see,” he reportedly said.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
She reportedly hasn’t spoken to police since being released from the hospital.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
It was the game-winner, too.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
Semyon Varlamov’s first win of 2014-15 and Colorado’s first home victory.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Actually, Taylor Hall probably deserves the most credit for Edmonton’s highlight goal.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Somehow the latter fight didn’t leave a crater in the ice.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars get the extra point.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
Injuries continue to … strike Tampa Bay.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Update: Vladislav Namestnikov was credited with the last goal.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
On the bright side, Michael Grabner may resume skating soon.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Unfortunately, Tampa Bay might face another injury in J.T. Brown.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
They send their 2014 first-rounder to the OHL.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
San Jose’s enjoyed such center depth before.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Tough times lately for St. Louis.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Highly-touted rearguard on his way to the bigs.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Hey, maybe the NHL should try 3-on-3 overtime.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Speaking from experience.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Returns to the Cardiff team he played for during the lockout.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
All the news and notes from the blue paint…
Oct 24, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
“Anytime you go personal with family…to me, that’s very disrespectful to the player and our profession.”
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)