Nov 6, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
If you believe that an absence of spin following Tuesday’s CBA meetings is a good sign, then NHL exec Bill Daly’s statement (or non-statement) should sustain optimism.
Here are his brief comments regarding the seven-hour session, via Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record.
“Collective bargaining negotiations between the National Hockey League and representatives of the National Hockey League’s Players’ Association recessed tonight at 10:15 pm, with meetings scheduled to resume Wednesday,” Daly said. ” … the League will not characterize the substance or detail of the discussions until their conclusion.”
While the NHL went through the motions of making that non-statement, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports that the NHLPA won’t bother. (Again, many believe that’s a good sign.)
Winnipeg Free Press columnist Gary Lawless backs up the positivity to a point, but cautions people not to get too carried away.
gary lawless (@garylawless) November 07, 2012
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)