Nov 6, 2012, 11:15 PM EST
If you believe that an absence of spin following Tuesday’s CBA meetings is a good sign, then NHL exec Bill Daly’s statement (or non-statement) should sustain optimism.
Here are his brief comments regarding the seven-hour session, via Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record.
“Collective bargaining negotiations between the National Hockey League and representatives of the National Hockey League’s Players’ Association recessed tonight at 10:15 pm, with meetings scheduled to resume Wednesday,” Daly said. ” … the League will not characterize the substance or detail of the discussions until their conclusion.”
While the NHL went through the motions of making that non-statement, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports that the NHLPA won’t bother. (Again, many believe that’s a good sign.)
Winnipeg Free Press columnist Gary Lawless backs up the positivity to a point, but cautions people not to get too carried away.
gary lawless (@garylawless) November 07, 2012
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)