Nov 4, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
The St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame will induct three new members on Nov. 14, including legendary goaltender Glenn Hall, according to the St. Louis Blues’ website.
Hall has been credited with the development of the butterfly style and his success speaks for itself. He’s an 13-time All-Star, captured the Vezina Trophy three times, and is a Stanley Cup winner. Hall also won 407 career NHL games while playing for the Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Black Hawks, and St. Louis Blues.
He spent his final four seasons with the Blues and is still their franchise leader in shutouts. He also won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 1968 even though the Blues lost in the Stanley Cup finals to the Montreal Canadiens.
In 1968-69 and 1969-70 he teamed up with fellow Hall of Fame goaltender Jacques Plante to lead the Blues to the Stanley Cup finals for the second and third consecutive years.
Hall will share the spotlight with Jim Edmonds and Orlando Pace, who used to play for the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Rams respectively.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:31 PM EST
Some exciting moments from Ducks – Coyotes.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
The frequent Islanders hitter has two long-ago suspensions.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
A truly weird scene for Florida’s goalies.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:17 PM EST
Easy, if uninspired, win for Tampa Bay.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:39 PM EST
He fought Marcus Foligno on Tuesday.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:24 PM EST
Tough start to Tuesday for goalies.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
Montoya is currently trying to gut it out.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:06 PM EST
A contentious game in Columbus.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:16 PM EST
They traded for him on Monday.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:55 PM EST
Vancouver faces San Jose tonight.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:29 PM EST
He says he’s happy to be in New Jersey.
Mar 3, 2015, 6:29 PM EST
Could we see an upset or a blowout?
Mar 3, 2015, 5:33 PM EST
Incident occurred during TSN’s trade deadline day coverage.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:41 PM EST
Recapping the trade deadline.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:38 PM EST
“Shane’s a pro, he’ll get through it.”
Mar 3, 2015, 3:58 PM EST
Flames captain was holding out hope for a “tiny chance” he could keep playing.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:25 PM EST
Making it “pretty cool to be a part of.”
Mar 3, 2015, 2:17 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 3, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
He didn’t sign with them to lose.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:32 PM EST
Ex-Dallas winger could open up playing alongside the Detroit captain.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)