Nov 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
You had to figure things were going to get a little funny having Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin together on the same team in the Swiss National League. What you didn’t expect was that it would get amusing thanks to the team helping bring the hilarity.
EHC Biel is going all out to promote having a pair of NHL superstars on their team by having them pose as… weird ax-wielding gladiators? You better believe it. Check out the photos put out by the team on their Twitter account today.
An ax-wielding Patrick Kane might be the kind of comeuppance cab drivers in Buffalo never counted on in the first place. It’s all about the element of surprise here people.
I seemed to have missed the part of “Gladiator” where these two duked it out with Maximus. Might have to pick up the director’s cut now, you guys.
No it’s not a slow news day. Why do you ask?
Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
32-year-old has played in 56 career NHL contests.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
“Where’s the Tylenol?”
Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
Off to the Marlies he goes.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Jeff Schultz has been called up from AHL Manchester.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
“This is a great honor and opportunity for Mirco to represent his country,”
Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That said, might he make sense for the Bruins?
Dec 19, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist’s No. 2 returns for another year.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
Montreal’s leading scorer was hit hard by Anaheim’s Clayton Stoner.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
The Wild are getting frustrated.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:24 PM EST
Initial reports don’t sound good.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Appeared in just two games this season before re-aggravating an existing issue.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
The Caps’ struggles with depth down the middle are well documented…
Dec 19, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Nightmarish campaign for the Finnish defenseman, health-wise.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Trade rumors! Get your trade rumors!
Dec 19, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
He’s been a healthy scratch in five of Washington’s last six games.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
New York has gone 3-3-0 in six straight games without either of them.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Although he feels this should serve as “a wake-up call for Berra.”
Dec 19, 2014, 8:02 AM EST
The picture is of former referee Don Van Massenhoven, who will serve as the event’s recorder.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:33 AM EST
These things happen.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
But they did score more than two goals in a game for first time since Nov. 28.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 4
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 7
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 23
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2