Nov 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
You had to figure things were going to get a little funny having Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin together on the same team in the Swiss National League. What you didn’t expect was that it would get amusing thanks to the team helping bring the hilarity.
EHC Biel is going all out to promote having a pair of NHL superstars on their team by having them pose as… weird ax-wielding gladiators? You better believe it. Check out the photos put out by the team on their Twitter account today.
An ax-wielding Patrick Kane might be the kind of comeuppance cab drivers in Buffalo never counted on in the first place. It’s all about the element of surprise here people.
I seemed to have missed the part of “Gladiator” where these two duked it out with Maximus. Might have to pick up the director’s cut now, you guys.
No it’s not a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5