Nov 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
You had to figure things were going to get a little funny having Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin together on the same team in the Swiss National League. What you didn’t expect was that it would get amusing thanks to the team helping bring the hilarity.
EHC Biel is going all out to promote having a pair of NHL superstars on their team by having them pose as… weird ax-wielding gladiators? You better believe it. Check out the photos put out by the team on their Twitter account today.
An ax-wielding Patrick Kane might be the kind of comeuppance cab drivers in Buffalo never counted on in the first place. It’s all about the element of surprise here people.
I seemed to have missed the part of “Gladiator” where these two duked it out with Maximus. Might have to pick up the director’s cut now, you guys.
No it’s not a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36