Nov 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
You had to figure things were going to get a little funny having Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin together on the same team in the Swiss National League. What you didn’t expect was that it would get amusing thanks to the team helping bring the hilarity.
EHC Biel is going all out to promote having a pair of NHL superstars on their team by having them pose as… weird ax-wielding gladiators? You better believe it. Check out the photos put out by the team on their Twitter account today.
An ax-wielding Patrick Kane might be the kind of comeuppance cab drivers in Buffalo never counted on in the first place. It’s all about the element of surprise here people.
I seemed to have missed the part of “Gladiator” where these two duked it out with Maximus. Might have to pick up the director’s cut now, you guys.
No it’s not a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner