Nov 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
You had to figure things were going to get a little funny having Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin together on the same team in the Swiss National League. What you didn’t expect was that it would get amusing thanks to the team helping bring the hilarity.
EHC Biel is going all out to promote having a pair of NHL superstars on their team by having them pose as… weird ax-wielding gladiators? You better believe it. Check out the photos put out by the team on their Twitter account today.
An ax-wielding Patrick Kane might be the kind of comeuppance cab drivers in Buffalo never counted on in the first place. It’s all about the element of surprise here people.
I seemed to have missed the part of “Gladiator” where these two duked it out with Maximus. Might have to pick up the director’s cut now, you guys.
No it’s not a slow news day. Why do you ask?
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 45
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 19
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32