Nov 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Chances are, if your team employs a top prospect playing for the OHL’s Niagara Ice Dogs, this weekend left you dreaming big.
Here’s a quick look at how the team’s three hottest skaters fared during this impressive weekend and during the 2012-13 season so far.
Ryan Strome: the New York Islanders 2011 first-rounder (fifth overall) produced identical one-goal, four-assist performances – both including +3 ratings – during the weekend. Those 10 points bumped Strome to No. 1 in OHL scoring (three ahead of Columbus Blue Jackets gem Boone Jenner).
Brett Ritchie: Dallas Stars’ 2011 second-round pick (44th) went on a goal-scoring frenzy this weekend, potting five against Peterborough and four (plus two assists) versus Guelph. That 11-point outburst has him third in the OHL with 30 points overall.
Dougie Hamilton: Boston Bruins 2011 first-rounder (ninth) and Phil Kessel trade product had three assists against Peterborough and four assists against Guelph. His 24 points tops all OHL defensemen and ranks him 12th overall.
As you can see, it’s been quite a weekend for some of the Ice Dogs’ leaders. Their parent teams likely hope they’re seeing glimpses of a bright NHL future, too.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)