Nov 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Chances are, if your team employs a top prospect playing for the OHL’s Niagara Ice Dogs, this weekend left you dreaming big.
Here’s a quick look at how the team’s three hottest skaters fared during this impressive weekend and during the 2012-13 season so far.
Ryan Strome: the New York Islanders 2011 first-rounder (fifth overall) produced identical one-goal, four-assist performances – both including +3 ratings – during the weekend. Those 10 points bumped Strome to No. 1 in OHL scoring (three ahead of Columbus Blue Jackets gem Boone Jenner).
Brett Ritchie: Dallas Stars’ 2011 second-round pick (44th) went on a goal-scoring frenzy this weekend, potting five against Peterborough and four (plus two assists) versus Guelph. That 11-point outburst has him third in the OHL with 30 points overall.
Dougie Hamilton: Boston Bruins 2011 first-rounder (ninth) and Phil Kessel trade product had three assists against Peterborough and four assists against Guelph. His 24 points tops all OHL defensemen and ranks him 12th overall.
As you can see, it’s been quite a weekend for some of the Ice Dogs’ leaders. Their parent teams likely hope they’re seeing glimpses of a bright NHL future, too.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 0
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 10
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 87
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)