Nov 4, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Antti Miettinen is heading home for the lockout.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports the Winnipeg Jets forward has signed with HPK of the SM-liiga in Finland for the duration of the lockout. There he joins up with current free agent and former Jets and Capitals forward Eric Fehr. Seven Jets players are now in Europe during the lockout.
For Miettinen, HPK is a team he’s more than familiar with having played for them before arriving in the NHL in 2003-04.
Last season with the Jets, Miettinen had five goals and eight assists in 45 games after leaving Ak Bars Kazan in the KHL. Miettinen has played eight seasons in the NHL so far.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)