Nov 4, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen is heading home for the lockout.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports the Winnipeg Jets forward has signed with HPK of the SM-liiga in Finland for the duration of the lockout. There he joins up with current free agent and former Jets and Capitals forward Eric Fehr. Seven Jets players are now in Europe during the lockout.
For Miettinen, HPK is a team he’s more than familiar with having played for them before arriving in the NHL in 2003-04.
Last season with the Jets, Miettinen had five goals and eight assists in 45 games after leaving Ak Bars Kazan in the KHL. Miettinen has played eight seasons in the NHL so far.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (145)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)