Nov 4, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen is heading home for the lockout.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports the Winnipeg Jets forward has signed with HPK of the SM-liiga in Finland for the duration of the lockout. There he joins up with current free agent and former Jets and Capitals forward Eric Fehr. Seven Jets players are now in Europe during the lockout.
For Miettinen, HPK is a team he’s more than familiar with having played for them before arriving in the NHL in 2003-04.
Last season with the Jets, Miettinen had five goals and eight assists in 45 games after leaving Ak Bars Kazan in the KHL. Miettinen has played eight seasons in the NHL so far.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)