Nov 4, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen is heading home for the lockout.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports the Winnipeg Jets forward has signed with HPK of the SM-liiga in Finland for the duration of the lockout. There he joins up with current free agent and former Jets and Capitals forward Eric Fehr. Seven Jets players are now in Europe during the lockout.
For Miettinen, HPK is a team he’s more than familiar with having played for them before arriving in the NHL in 2003-04.
Last season with the Jets, Miettinen had five goals and eight assists in 45 games after leaving Ak Bars Kazan in the KHL. Miettinen has played eight seasons in the NHL so far.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45