Nov 4, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Antti Miettinen is heading home for the lockout.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports the Winnipeg Jets forward has signed with HPK of the SM-liiga in Finland for the duration of the lockout. There he joins up with current free agent and former Jets and Capitals forward Eric Fehr. Seven Jets players are now in Europe during the lockout.
For Miettinen, HPK is a team he’s more than familiar with having played for them before arriving in the NHL in 2003-04.
Last season with the Jets, Miettinen had five goals and eight assists in 45 games after leaving Ak Bars Kazan in the KHL. Miettinen has played eight seasons in the NHL so far.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)