Nov 4, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
One might even say that he’s “owning” a league where he owns a team.
There a few other interesting bits to ponder from Jagr’s run, which included today’s 7-2 pounding of Chomutov.
- Jagr stated during the offseason that he wanted to sign with the Montreal Canadiens. One cannot blame Habs fans if they’re pondering the kind of damage Jagr and Plekanec might have caused at the NHL level considering their current success.
- Jagr’s numbers are startlingly similar to the ones he put up with the team during the 2004-05 lockout; he had one more goal and one more assist in one extra game last time around. (Although his +18 this season towers over the +7 from last time.)
- Some other interesting names on the Czech Extraliga’s leading scorers list include Radek Bonk (third place with 29 points), Ales Hemsky (11th place with 21 points), and former Jagr teammates Martin Straka (ninth place, 24 points) and Petr Nedved (12th place, 20 points).
There’s no way to know for sure if Jagr’s strong work overseas would translate into another productive NHL season, but Dallas Stars fans likely wish they could find out.
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 4
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 23
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)