Nov 4, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
One might even say that he’s “owning” a league where he owns a team.
There a few other interesting bits to ponder from Jagr’s run, which included today’s 7-2 pounding of Chomutov.
- Jagr stated during the offseason that he wanted to sign with the Montreal Canadiens. One cannot blame Habs fans if they’re pondering the kind of damage Jagr and Plekanec might have caused at the NHL level considering their current success.
- Jagr’s numbers are startlingly similar to the ones he put up with the team during the 2004-05 lockout; he had one more goal and one more assist in one extra game last time around. (Although his +18 this season towers over the +7 from last time.)
- Some other interesting names on the Czech Extraliga’s leading scorers list include Radek Bonk (third place with 29 points), Ales Hemsky (11th place with 21 points), and former Jagr teammates Martin Straka (ninth place, 24 points) and Petr Nedved (12th place, 20 points).
There’s no way to know for sure if Jagr’s strong work overseas would translate into another productive NHL season, but Dallas Stars fans likely wish they could find out.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)