Nov 4, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
One might even say that he’s “owning” a league where he owns a team.
There a few other interesting bits to ponder from Jagr’s run, which included today’s 7-2 pounding of Chomutov.
- Jagr stated during the offseason that he wanted to sign with the Montreal Canadiens. One cannot blame Habs fans if they’re pondering the kind of damage Jagr and Plekanec might have caused at the NHL level considering their current success.
- Jagr’s numbers are startlingly similar to the ones he put up with the team during the 2004-05 lockout; he had one more goal and one more assist in one extra game last time around. (Although his +18 this season towers over the +7 from last time.)
- Some other interesting names on the Czech Extraliga’s leading scorers list include Radek Bonk (third place with 29 points), Ales Hemsky (11th place with 21 points), and former Jagr teammates Martin Straka (ninth place, 24 points) and Petr Nedved (12th place, 20 points).
There’s no way to know for sure if Jagr’s strong work overseas would translate into another productive NHL season, but Dallas Stars fans likely wish they could find out.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)