Nov 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Yesterday’s meeting between Bill Daly and Steve Fehr in a secret location managed to stretch far into the night.
Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press heard from Daly about how things went down and found out things seemed to go well.
“We met on and off for most of the day and covered a lot of ground. We plan to meet again early in the week.”
Time to be cautiously optimistic here. If they’re discussing the most important issues, it’s clear they’re getting serious about how to divvy up revenue and figuring out a way to appease both sides.
Without getting any leaks (to this point) about what exactly they’re going over, you have to believe they’re buckling down and cutting out distractions (read: the inquisitive eyes of the media) to get this mess sorted out.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Both have one-year, two-way contracts.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
And Zack Stortini has been placed on waivers.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
“You can tell a guy ‘don’t dive’, but even on our team we’ve seen a few of them.”
Oct 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another veteran d-man, Nolan Yonkman, was also released.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
“But we’ve talked and we’ll continue to talk about it.”
Oct 1, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
A rookie head coach, some significant roster turnover and the annual questions in goal.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
The second overall pick in the 2014 draft has gone pointless in three preseason games.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
Oct 1, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Pending RFA forward’s deal is up at the end of the season.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Alex Goligoski is the team’s No. 1 d-man. And that’s a concern.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
“It was clicking on full cylinders there.”
Oct 1, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
One of them was rusty.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:03 AM EDT
He was a restricted free agent, but was still taking part in training camp.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
No, this post doesn’t just include the word “everything.”
Oct 1, 2014, 7:55 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
Apparently they won’t hand him Cody Eakin’s two-year, $3.8 million deal.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
Here are some assorted goals for entertainment purposes.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
He’s reportedly asking for a hefty six or seven-year deal.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Updated with GM Craig MacTavish’s comments.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Buffalo was fearing a broken jaw, which would be even worse.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 2
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 2
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 3
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 6
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)