Nov 4, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Yesterday’s meeting between Bill Daly and Steve Fehr in a secret location managed to stretch far into the night.
Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press heard from Daly about how things went down and found out things seemed to go well.
“We met on and off for most of the day and covered a lot of ground. We plan to meet again early in the week.”
Time to be cautiously optimistic here. If they’re discussing the most important issues, it’s clear they’re getting serious about how to divvy up revenue and figuring out a way to appease both sides.
Without getting any leaks (to this point) about what exactly they’re going over, you have to believe they’re buckling down and cutting out distractions (read: the inquisitive eyes of the media) to get this mess sorted out.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
He shared the evidence and a boatload of hashtags.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:39 AM EST
His twin Henrik will play his 1,031st.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
The kind of pass you’d don a mullet wig for.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
The Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets drew more than 30,000 fans.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:30 AM EST
L.A. has won only once away from Staples Center this season.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Edmonton lost 7-1 on home ice. Six straight losses.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:01 AM EST
Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Washington lost out on a chance for three straight wins.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
These teams play against Dec. 27.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Struggling is an understatement.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:56 PM EST
Meanwhile, Edmonton at risk of losing six straight.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
New York takes both games of home-and-home set with Pittsburgh.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
Difficult news for Washington.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Dealt with injury last season.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
Fight didn’t last long.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
“This is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life with Toronto.”
Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
Dallas has moved a trio of blue liners recently.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
“Let the referees do their job, we’ll do our job.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (69)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)