Nov 3, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
In the span of one game, the Minnesota Wild lost two of their best prospects to injuries based on a report from Michael Russo of the Star Tribune.
Defenseman Jonas Brodin has a broken clavicle and will be out for several weeks after being hit by the Edmonton Oilers’ Taylor Hall during Friday’s game between the AHL Oklahoma City Barons and Houston Aeros. Hall was originally handed a match penalty for hitting Brodin in the head, but the AHL later rescinded it after they determined that Hall delivered a shoulder-to-shoulder check.
Brodin was taken with the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and had four points in eight AHL games. If he’s healthy, he might make the Minnesota Wild’s roster once the lockout ends.
For now, Brodin will head to Minnesota so that he can have an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. Usually it takes six-to-eight weeks to recover from a broken clavicle, but he might end up getting a more or less favorable projection after being examined.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, Mikael Granlund is tentatively projected to miss a few weeks after landing awkwardly following a hit on Friday. He ended up with a muscle strain in his right leg.
Granlund was taken with the ninth pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and has dominated the AHL since heading to North America from HIFK Helsinki of the SM-liiga. He recently won the AHL Rookie of the Month award and has 12 points in eight games with the Aeros.
Like Brodin, Granlund might end up on the Minnesota Wild’s roster when the lockout ends, if he’s healthy enough to play at that time.
Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
It’s the first NHL game on NBCSN to surpass 4 million viewers.
Jun 18, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
They beat the Syracuse Crunch in six games.
Jun 18, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
“It’s going to be a strong, solid franchise just like Winnipeg is now.”
Jun 18, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Things are getting dramatic in Philadelphia.
Jun 18, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
His annual cap hit is a hefty $7,727,273.
Jun 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Coburn might be heading the other way.
Jun 18, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
He also loves 2013 NHL Draft prospect Darnell Nurse.
Jun 18, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
The coach already had him picked as Plan B if Marian Hossa couldn’t play.
Jun 18, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Blackhawks coach knows his team has to improve in those areas.
Jun 18, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Stemming from his arrest in 2011.
Jun 18, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
“I’ve got a nice little scratch mark on my forehead from the claw marks.”
Jun 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
23-year-old defenseman had six goals in the playoffs.
Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
26-year-old made his NHL debut last season.
Jun 18, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
But will they stay?
Jun 18, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Could an NHL team one day call it home?
Jun 18, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
As per TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Jun 18, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
He’s still “day-to-day” with his injury.
Jun 18, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
He’s been given permission to seek employment elsewhere.
Jun 18, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
“We don’t care about calling certain guys superstars on our team,” said the coach.
Jun 18, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Hey, he did take two weeks off.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires