Nov 3, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
We know all about the plight of players and owners during the lockout, but what about the coaches caught in the middle of all of it?
Nashville bench boss Barry Trotz tells Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun he’s jonesin’ for the rush of coaching again.
“You become a little bit of an adrenaline junkie,” said the only coach the Preds have ever known. “You need a result. If you win your adrenalin is high. If you lose a game, you’re upset. It’s a roller-coaster. I love the battle of it, the highs and lows that come from being in the thick of a playoff race. That’s what you miss.”
For Trotz and the Predators, this season is due to be a fascinating one.
After losing Ryan Suter to free agency and dropping a ton of money to keep Shea Weber while not adding much in free agency, Nashville is due to have their hands full in getting back to the postseason and making a run at the Stanley Cup.
For Trotz, however, it’s all about biding his time until the lockout ends. Til then, get the guy an espresso or something so he doesn’t get the adrenaline shakes.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
But who and when?
Sep 14, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
He might not miss two months as initially feared.
Sep 14, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
Training camp will “absolutely” have a different mood to it.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Flyers have high hopes for the young defenseman.
Sep 14, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
He looked like a serious Hart Trophy candidate in the first half of 2013-14.
Sep 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
But can he contribute at the NHL level?
Sep 14, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
Was rumored to be heading out of Buffalo at NHL Draft.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Ryan McDonagh likely choice to wear ‘C’.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Calgary’s prospects show hope for the future in southern Alberta.
Sep 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Opportunities available for prospects Boone Jenner and Alexander Wennberg.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
That’s him, wearing No. 74 for the Oilers, during a pre-season game last year.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Or he may only be out for two weeks.
Sep 13, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Report: He will have it checked out in Dallas.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Philly bought out the high-priced goalie in the summer of 2013.
Sep 13, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
He was taken fourth overall in June’s NHL Draft.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
He re-signed with the Habs this summer. Eight years, $72 million.
Sep 13, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
That’s terrific news.
Sep 13, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
He won’t play Saturday evening.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The 23-year-old defenseman is prepared to miss camp if a deal isn’t reached.
Sep 13, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Requests for tickets down 40 percent.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 0
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 17
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)