Nov 3, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
We know all about the plight of players and owners during the lockout, but what about the coaches caught in the middle of all of it?
Nashville bench boss Barry Trotz tells Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun he’s jonesin’ for the rush of coaching again.
“You become a little bit of an adrenaline junkie,” said the only coach the Preds have ever known. “You need a result. If you win your adrenalin is high. If you lose a game, you’re upset. It’s a roller-coaster. I love the battle of it, the highs and lows that come from being in the thick of a playoff race. That’s what you miss.”
For Trotz and the Predators, this season is due to be a fascinating one.
After losing Ryan Suter to free agency and dropping a ton of money to keep Shea Weber while not adding much in free agency, Nashville is due to have their hands full in getting back to the postseason and making a run at the Stanley Cup.
For Trotz, however, it’s all about biding his time until the lockout ends. Til then, get the guy an espresso or something so he doesn’t get the adrenaline shakes.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Sounds like D’Amigo could make his NHL debut tonight.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:42 AM EST
“He’s working very hard, he’s very focused and I think he’ll do a good job for them.”
Dec 5, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
They’re 0-for-5 now.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 AM EST
They’ve been shut out three times in five games.
Dec 5, 2013, 8:01 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
The Calgary defenseman was sidelined since Oct. 21.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
He notched a career-high four points Wednesday.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EST
Head coach Patrick Roy hasn’t been happy with his work.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Detroit sees end of four-game winning streak.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Joining his Buffalo teammate Nikita Zadorov.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
Montreal gets seventh win in eight games.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
A handsome salary.
Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
Rare good injury news for the Red Wings.
Dec 4, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
That’s almost $15 million in cap hits on the shelf.
Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
Martin Marincin, Corey Potter and Anton Lander get called up.
Dec 4, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
“You’ve got to look at it: Who are your assets?”
Dec 4, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
Hard lines, Team Finland.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
Tough blow for the reigning Vezina winner.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
And as a bonus, their names rhyme.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 40
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)