Nov 3, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
We know all about the plight of players and owners during the lockout, but what about the coaches caught in the middle of all of it?
Nashville bench boss Barry Trotz tells Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun he’s jonesin’ for the rush of coaching again.
“You become a little bit of an adrenaline junkie,” said the only coach the Preds have ever known. “You need a result. If you win your adrenalin is high. If you lose a game, you’re upset. It’s a roller-coaster. I love the battle of it, the highs and lows that come from being in the thick of a playoff race. That’s what you miss.”
For Trotz and the Predators, this season is due to be a fascinating one.
After losing Ryan Suter to free agency and dropping a ton of money to keep Shea Weber while not adding much in free agency, Nashville is due to have their hands full in getting back to the postseason and making a run at the Stanley Cup.
For Trotz, however, it’s all about biding his time until the lockout ends. Til then, get the guy an espresso or something so he doesn’t get the adrenaline shakes.
May 25, 2013, 2:08 AM EDT
One loss away from elimination.
May 25, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
Future of the NHL.
May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Now, that’s a toe-drag.
May 24, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Was Friday’s loss his last NHL games?
May 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Pittsburgh wins in five games.
May 24, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Bad blood, although this seemed unnecessary.
May 24, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Big developments coming out of the desert.
May 24, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Await winner of Boston-New York.
May 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
May 24, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
L.A. can move to conference final with a win over the Sharks in Game 6.
May 24, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
Not speaking about Bobrovsky, but in general.
May 24, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
You be the judge.
May 24, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
May 24, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Including one of his coaching rivals from the QMJHL.
May 24, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Dan Bylsma sticking with the same lineup.
May 24, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Kevin Prendergast (pictured) and longtime NHL netminder Ron Tugnutt were let go.
May 24, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
“The NHL remains committed to securing the Coyotes’ future in Glendale under new ownership, and we believe Don’s long-term agreement evidences that he is equally committed,” said the deputy commish.
May 24, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
He’s missed the entire series with a broken hand.
May 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish has a few things he’d like in return.
May 24, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully, we’ll find that chemistry,” says Spezza.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 59
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination