Nov 3, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
We know all about the plight of players and owners during the lockout, but what about the coaches caught in the middle of all of it?
Nashville bench boss Barry Trotz tells Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun he’s jonesin’ for the rush of coaching again.
“You become a little bit of an adrenaline junkie,” said the only coach the Preds have ever known. “You need a result. If you win your adrenalin is high. If you lose a game, you’re upset. It’s a roller-coaster. I love the battle of it, the highs and lows that come from being in the thick of a playoff race. That’s what you miss.”
For Trotz and the Predators, this season is due to be a fascinating one.
After losing Ryan Suter to free agency and dropping a ton of money to keep Shea Weber while not adding much in free agency, Nashville is due to have their hands full in getting back to the postseason and making a run at the Stanley Cup.
For Trotz, however, it’s all about biding his time until the lockout ends. Til then, get the guy an espresso or something so he doesn’t get the adrenaline shakes.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)