Nov 3, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Taylor Hall‘s first game back from a shoulder injury was an eventful one.
He scored the first goal of his AHL career just 38 seconds into the Oklahoma City Barons’ 4-3 victory over the Houston Aeros on Friday. However, he was also handed a game misconduct for what was initially judged to be a hit to the head, based on a report from the Baron’s official website.
After further review, the AHL has determined that Hall engaged in a shoulder-to-shoulder check, so they rescinded his match penalty, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon. That opened up the door for him to play on Saturday.
Of course, just because he’s eligible to play doesn’t mean he will. He’s just returned from a major shoulder injury after all, so it wasn’t a surprise when 630 CHED’s Dan Tencer reported that Hall will rest instead of playing in back-to-back games.
The Oklahoma City Barons will play again on Sunday and Hall might end up participating in that contest.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 16
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 44
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control