Nov 3, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
Taylor Hall‘s first game back from a shoulder injury was an eventful one.
He scored the first goal of his AHL career just 38 seconds into the Oklahoma City Barons’ 4-3 victory over the Houston Aeros on Friday. However, he was also handed a game misconduct for what was initially judged to be a hit to the head, based on a report from the Baron’s official website.
After further review, the AHL has determined that Hall engaged in a shoulder-to-shoulder check, so they rescinded his match penalty, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon. That opened up the door for him to play on Saturday.
Of course, just because he’s eligible to play doesn’t mean he will. He’s just returned from a major shoulder injury after all, so it wasn’t a surprise when 630 CHED’s Dan Tencer reported that Hall will rest instead of playing in back-to-back games.
The Oklahoma City Barons will play again on Sunday and Hall might end up participating in that contest.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 0
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)