Nov 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Talbot, along with Marisa Magnatta from 93.3 WMMR, rappelled down One Penn Center – a 20-story building at 15th and Market streets in Center City – early Friday morning, as part of a radio stunt and fundraiser for nonprofit leadership-training group Outward Bound.
The 28-year-old forward is no stranger to adventure, having jumped out of a plane before. But Talbot admitted he was a little nervous (though mostly excited) before taking off down the side of the building as rush-hour traffic loomed below.
Taking the first step off the roof was “amazing,” Talbot said.
“The view was great. It’s nice to get emotions like that.”
At the very least, Talbot has a promising career in the window-washing business if the NHL never plays another game.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)