Nov 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Talbot, along with Marisa Magnatta from 93.3 WMMR, rappelled down One Penn Center – a 20-story building at 15th and Market streets in Center City – early Friday morning, as part of a radio stunt and fundraiser for nonprofit leadership-training group Outward Bound.
The 28-year-old forward is no stranger to adventure, having jumped out of a plane before. But Talbot admitted he was a little nervous (though mostly excited) before taking off down the side of the building as rush-hour traffic loomed below.
Taking the first step off the roof was “amazing,” Talbot said.
“The view was great. It’s nice to get emotions like that.”
At the very least, Talbot has a promising career in the window-washing business if the NHL never plays another game.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)