Nov 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Talbot, along with Marisa Magnatta from 93.3 WMMR, rappelled down One Penn Center – a 20-story building at 15th and Market streets in Center City – early Friday morning, as part of a radio stunt and fundraiser for nonprofit leadership-training group Outward Bound.
The 28-year-old forward is no stranger to adventure, having jumped out of a plane before. But Talbot admitted he was a little nervous (though mostly excited) before taking off down the side of the building as rush-hour traffic loomed below.
Taking the first step off the roof was “amazing,” Talbot said.
“The view was great. It’s nice to get emotions like that.”
At the very least, Talbot has a promising career in the window-washing business if the NHL never plays another game.
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 0
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 7
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)