Nov 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Talbot, along with Marisa Magnatta from 93.3 WMMR, rappelled down One Penn Center – a 20-story building at 15th and Market streets in Center City – early Friday morning, as part of a radio stunt and fundraiser for nonprofit leadership-training group Outward Bound.
The 28-year-old forward is no stranger to adventure, having jumped out of a plane before. But Talbot admitted he was a little nervous (though mostly excited) before taking off down the side of the building as rush-hour traffic loomed below.
Taking the first step off the roof was “amazing,” Talbot said.
“The view was great. It’s nice to get emotions like that.”
At the very least, Talbot has a promising career in the window-washing business if the NHL never plays another game.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)