Nov 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Talbot, along with Marisa Magnatta from 93.3 WMMR, rappelled down One Penn Center – a 20-story building at 15th and Market streets in Center City – early Friday morning, as part of a radio stunt and fundraiser for nonprofit leadership-training group Outward Bound.
The 28-year-old forward is no stranger to adventure, having jumped out of a plane before. But Talbot admitted he was a little nervous (though mostly excited) before taking off down the side of the building as rush-hour traffic loomed below.
Taking the first step off the roof was “amazing,” Talbot said.
“The view was great. It’s nice to get emotions like that.”
At the very least, Talbot has a promising career in the window-washing business if the NHL never plays another game.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21