Nov 2, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
The move is a homecoming for the 36-year-old netminder. Karlovy Vary is his hometown, though he never actually represented the local club during his younger days — Vokoun played for Kladno prior to joining the Canadiens organization in 1995.
A longtime starter with the Predators and Panthers, Vokoun fell on hard times last season. After miscalculating his worth on the open market, he was forced to sign a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Capitals with the hopes of solidifying their goaltending position.
But the plan never came to fruition.
Vokoun was hampered by a groin injury throughout the season, which limited him to just 48 regular season appearances (25-17-2, 2.51 GAA, .917 save percentage).
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23