Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Bissonnette might make his Devils debut as soon as Friday.
He had a goal in 31 games with the Phoenix Coyotes in 2011-12 and was scheduled to make $725,000 with the club this season. As we previously noted when Anthony Stewart joined the Nottingham Panthers, the EIHL and NHL are virtually night and day.
There are players that have jobs outside of hockey and some that don’t make any money, but do get help from sponsors. Additionally, some teams use local rinks for their home games.
The Western Mail speculates that Bissonnette will become a fan favorite with the Devils. He might also bring more attention to the team thanks in part to his sizable Twitter following that towers above some NHL superstars like Evgeni Malkin and Henrik Lundqvist.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)