Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Bissonnette might make his Devils debut as soon as Friday.
He had a goal in 31 games with the Phoenix Coyotes in 2011-12 and was scheduled to make $725,000 with the club this season. As we previously noted when Anthony Stewart joined the Nottingham Panthers, the EIHL and NHL are virtually night and day.
There are players that have jobs outside of hockey and some that don’t make any money, but do get help from sponsors. Additionally, some teams use local rinks for their home games.
The Western Mail speculates that Bissonnette will become a fan favorite with the Devils. He might also bring more attention to the team thanks in part to his sizable Twitter following that towers above some NHL superstars like Evgeni Malkin and Henrik Lundqvist.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)