Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Bissonnette might make his Devils debut as soon as Friday.
He had a goal in 31 games with the Phoenix Coyotes in 2011-12 and was scheduled to make $725,000 with the club this season. As we previously noted when Anthony Stewart joined the Nottingham Panthers, the EIHL and NHL are virtually night and day.
There are players that have jobs outside of hockey and some that don’t make any money, but do get help from sponsors. Additionally, some teams use local rinks for their home games.
The Western Mail speculates that Bissonnette will become a fan favorite with the Devils. He might also bring more attention to the team thanks in part to his sizable Twitter following that towers above some NHL superstars like Evgeni Malkin and Henrik Lundqvist.
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 0
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 33
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)