Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Bissonnette might make his Devils debut as soon as Friday.
He had a goal in 31 games with the Phoenix Coyotes in 2011-12 and was scheduled to make $725,000 with the club this season. As we previously noted when Anthony Stewart joined the Nottingham Panthers, the EIHL and NHL are virtually night and day.
There are players that have jobs outside of hockey and some that don’t make any money, but do get help from sponsors. Additionally, some teams use local rinks for their home games.
The Western Mail speculates that Bissonnette will become a fan favorite with the Devils. He might also bring more attention to the team thanks in part to his sizable Twitter following that towers above some NHL superstars like Evgeni Malkin and Henrik Lundqvist.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)