Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Bissonnette might make his Devils debut as soon as Friday.
He had a goal in 31 games with the Phoenix Coyotes in 2011-12 and was scheduled to make $725,000 with the club this season. As we previously noted when Anthony Stewart joined the Nottingham Panthers, the EIHL and NHL are virtually night and day.
There are players that have jobs outside of hockey and some that don’t make any money, but do get help from sponsors. Additionally, some teams use local rinks for their home games.
The Western Mail speculates that Bissonnette will become a fan favorite with the Devils. He might also bring more attention to the team thanks in part to his sizable Twitter following that towers above some NHL superstars like Evgeni Malkin and Henrik Lundqvist.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 32
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)