Nov 2, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
The 24-year-old isn’t especially well known outside of Raleigh, but has emerged as a solid top-four defenseman with the ‘Canes over the last two years.
In 2010-11, his first full season in the NHL, McBain posted a career-best 30PTS in 76 games, averaging a shade over 19 minutes per game.
Last season, he set a new high in goals (eight) and saw his average time on ice increased to 19:48, all while taking a remarkable four penalty minutes. Yeah, four.
McBain signed a two-year, $3.6 million extension with Carolina in May.
In Finland, McBain will join a Pelicans team featuring 2007 first-round pick Angelo Esposito, former Canuck Lee Goren and ex-Blackhawk Danny Richmond.
And as we do with any post featuring McBain, here’s the Simpsons clip:
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)