Nov 2, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
The 24-year-old isn’t especially well known outside of Raleigh, but has emerged as a solid top-four defenseman with the ‘Canes over the last two years.
In 2010-11, his first full season in the NHL, McBain posted a career-best 30PTS in 76 games, averaging a shade over 19 minutes per game.
Last season, he set a new high in goals (eight) and saw his average time on ice increased to 19:48, all while taking a remarkable four penalty minutes. Yeah, four.
McBain signed a two-year, $3.6 million extension with Carolina in May.
In Finland, McBain will join a Pelicans team featuring 2007 first-round pick Angelo Esposito, former Canuck Lee Goren and ex-Blackhawk Danny Richmond.
And as we do with any post featuring McBain, here’s the Simpsons clip:
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)