Nov 2, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
The 24-year-old isn’t especially well known outside of Raleigh, but has emerged as a solid top-four defenseman with the ‘Canes over the last two years.
In 2010-11, his first full season in the NHL, McBain posted a career-best 30PTS in 76 games, averaging a shade over 19 minutes per game.
Last season, he set a new high in goals (eight) and saw his average time on ice increased to 19:48, all while taking a remarkable four penalty minutes. Yeah, four.
McBain signed a two-year, $3.6 million extension with Carolina in May.
In Finland, McBain will join a Pelicans team featuring 2007 first-round pick Angelo Esposito, former Canuck Lee Goren and ex-Blackhawk Danny Richmond.
And as we do with any post featuring McBain, here’s the Simpsons clip:
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)