Nov 2, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
The 24-year-old isn’t especially well known outside of Raleigh, but has emerged as a solid top-four defenseman with the ‘Canes over the last two years.
In 2010-11, his first full season in the NHL, McBain posted a career-best 30PTS in 76 games, averaging a shade over 19 minutes per game.
Last season, he set a new high in goals (eight) and saw his average time on ice increased to 19:48, all while taking a remarkable four penalty minutes. Yeah, four.
McBain signed a two-year, $3.6 million extension with Carolina in May.
In Finland, McBain will join a Pelicans team featuring 2007 first-round pick Angelo Esposito, former Canuck Lee Goren and ex-Blackhawk Danny Richmond.
And as we do with any post featuring McBain, here’s the Simpsons clip:
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22