Nov 2, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
The 24-year-old isn’t especially well known outside of Raleigh, but has emerged as a solid top-four defenseman with the ‘Canes over the last two years.
In 2010-11, his first full season in the NHL, McBain posted a career-best 30PTS in 76 games, averaging a shade over 19 minutes per game.
Last season, he set a new high in goals (eight) and saw his average time on ice increased to 19:48, all while taking a remarkable four penalty minutes. Yeah, four.
McBain signed a two-year, $3.6 million extension with Carolina in May.
In Finland, McBain will join a Pelicans team featuring 2007 first-round pick Angelo Esposito, former Canuck Lee Goren and ex-Blackhawk Danny Richmond.
And as we do with any post featuring McBain, here’s the Simpsons clip:
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 12
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 29
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11