Nov 2, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
CBA negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA are expected to resume in the “relatively near future,” deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the Canadian Press on Friday.
Where, when, and what exactly will be discussed isn’t clear.
The two sides last met on Oct. 18 when the league quickly rejected three union proposals, leading commissioner Gary Bettman to call the day a “step backward.”
On Tuesday, it was reported that Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr “talked extensively” on the phone. It’s possible future talks could include just those two in the room, according to the Canadian Press.
The players have reportedly been pushing union leadership to get back to the bargaining table.
Regular-season games have already been scratched through November.
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 4
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 59
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 33
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 56
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save