Nov 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Schultz has gone from being a superstar with the University of Wisconsin to excelling at the AHL-level without missing a beat. He already has six goals and 12 points in just seven games with the Oklahoma City Barons, which made him a worthy choice for the AHL’s Player of the Month award.
Meanwhile, Mikael Granlund was selected as the AHL Rookie of the Month after scoring three goals and 10 points in seven games with the Houston Aeros.
What’s interesting is that Schultz is an AHL rookie, but he missed out on that award despite being named the league’s top player. Regardless, Granlund has been great so far.
Lastly, Curtis McElhinney had a 5-1-0 record, 1.51 GAA, and .949 save percentage in six contests with the Springfield Falcons en route to being selected as the AHL Goaltender of the Month.
McElhinney inked a one-year, two-way deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets for the 2012-13 campaign.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)