Nov 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Schultz has gone from being a superstar with the University of Wisconsin to excelling at the AHL-level without missing a beat. He already has six goals and 12 points in just seven games with the Oklahoma City Barons, which made him a worthy choice for the AHL’s Player of the Month award.
Meanwhile, Mikael Granlund was selected as the AHL Rookie of the Month after scoring three goals and 10 points in seven games with the Houston Aeros.
What’s interesting is that Schultz is an AHL rookie, but he missed out on that award despite being named the league’s top player. Regardless, Granlund has been great so far.
Lastly, Curtis McElhinney had a 5-1-0 record, 1.51 GAA, and .949 save percentage in six contests with the Springfield Falcons en route to being selected as the AHL Goaltender of the Month.
McElhinney inked a one-year, two-way deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets for the 2012-13 campaign.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)