Nov 1, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
Kopecky reportedly has a shoulder injury, although the extent of the damage is not clear at this time.
He had 10 goals and 32 points in 80 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was projected to make $3,000,000 in 2012-13 before the lockout started.
His decision to head for the Slovak Extraliga during the work stoppage made sense given his Slovakian roots. He was one of just 12 Slovakian born players to get any ice time in the NHL last season.
Kopecky previously played for Trencin before joining WHL Lethbridge in 1999. This time around, he only lasted four games before reportedly getting hurt.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 46
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)