Nov 1, 2012, 8:12 PM EST
Kopecky reportedly has a shoulder injury, although the extent of the damage is not clear at this time.
He had 10 goals and 32 points in 80 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was projected to make $3,000,000 in 2012-13 before the lockout started.
His decision to head for the Slovak Extraliga during the work stoppage made sense given his Slovakian roots. He was one of just 12 Slovakian born players to get any ice time in the NHL last season.
Kopecky previously played for Trencin before joining WHL Lethbridge in 1999. This time around, he only lasted four games before reportedly getting hurt.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)