Nov 1, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
Kopecky reportedly has a shoulder injury, although the extent of the damage is not clear at this time.
He had 10 goals and 32 points in 80 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was projected to make $3,000,000 in 2012-13 before the lockout started.
His decision to head for the Slovak Extraliga during the work stoppage made sense given his Slovakian roots. He was one of just 12 Slovakian born players to get any ice time in the NHL last season.
Kopecky previously played for Trencin before joining WHL Lethbridge in 1999. This time around, he only lasted four games before reportedly getting hurt.
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 15
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 9
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 25
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)