Nov 1, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
Kopecky reportedly has a shoulder injury, although the extent of the damage is not clear at this time.
He had 10 goals and 32 points in 80 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was projected to make $3,000,000 in 2012-13 before the lockout started.
His decision to head for the Slovak Extraliga during the work stoppage made sense given his Slovakian roots. He was one of just 12 Slovakian born players to get any ice time in the NHL last season.
Kopecky previously played for Trencin before joining WHL Lethbridge in 1999. This time around, he only lasted four games before reportedly getting hurt.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)