Nov 1, 2012, 8:12 PM EST
Kopecky reportedly has a shoulder injury, although the extent of the damage is not clear at this time.
He had 10 goals and 32 points in 80 games with the Florida Panthers last season and was projected to make $3,000,000 in 2012-13 before the lockout started.
His decision to head for the Slovak Extraliga during the work stoppage made sense given his Slovakian roots. He was one of just 12 Slovakian born players to get any ice time in the NHL last season.
Kopecky previously played for Trencin before joining WHL Lethbridge in 1999. This time around, he only lasted four games before reportedly getting hurt.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)