Did somebody loosen the bolts on Georges Laraque’s car tire causing it to fall off while he was driving down the highway?
Nov 1, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
The answer is yes, according to Laraque.
On Tuesday, the former NHL tough guy tweeted the following picture:
Laraque, currently the executive director of the CHLPA (more on that later), then tweeted that the tire fell off because somebody had loosened the bolts.
The CHLPA, an aspiring union that hopes to represent junior hockey players, explained further on its Facebook page (full statement sic’d):
The CHLPA is happy to know that Georges Laraque was not injured yesterday, Oct 30th, 2012 after the bolts on the front wheel of his Hydrid vehicle were loosened, causing him to lose control of his vehicle on the highway. “I must have a guardian angel” Laraque said, after realizing that he was the victim of vandals in their attempt to sabotage him “It’s disgusting” He said.
Laraque’s Hybrid vehicle was tampered with yesterday, almost causing him to lose control of his vehicle, as well as putting other drivers who were on the highway at the same time as him in harms way. The seriousness of the situation seems to have escalated over the past few days from random people making threats via prank calls, to loosening bolts on tires so they’ll fall off while driving.
However, Laraque on twitter today, wishes to forget the tragic events of yesterday and would like to wish each and everyone a very Happy Hallowe’en.
We are all very happy to know that Geroges is well and will not be deterred from focusing on what’s really important and that’s education.
On its own, this story would be odd. Combined with reports that CHLPA spokesman Derek Clarke may actually be convicted fraudster Randy Gumbley, it’s beyond bizarre.
If somebody did actually loosen the bolts on Laraque’s tire, why did they do it? And who did it?
Is this real life?
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 5
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 71
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)