Did somebody loosen the bolts on Georges Laraque’s car tire causing it to fall off while he was driving down the highway?
Nov 1, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
The answer is yes, according to Laraque.
On Tuesday, the former NHL tough guy tweeted the following picture:
Laraque, currently the executive director of the CHLPA (more on that later), then tweeted that the tire fell off because somebody had loosened the bolts.
The CHLPA, an aspiring union that hopes to represent junior hockey players, explained further on its Facebook page (full statement sic’d):
The CHLPA is happy to know that Georges Laraque was not injured yesterday, Oct 30th, 2012 after the bolts on the front wheel of his Hydrid vehicle were loosened, causing him to lose control of his vehicle on the highway. “I must have a guardian angel” Laraque said, after realizing that he was the victim of vandals in their attempt to sabotage him “It’s disgusting” He said.
Laraque’s Hybrid vehicle was tampered with yesterday, almost causing him to lose control of his vehicle, as well as putting other drivers who were on the highway at the same time as him in harms way. The seriousness of the situation seems to have escalated over the past few days from random people making threats via prank calls, to loosening bolts on tires so they’ll fall off while driving.
However, Laraque on twitter today, wishes to forget the tragic events of yesterday and would like to wish each and everyone a very Happy Hallowe’en.
We are all very happy to know that Geroges is well and will not be deterred from focusing on what’s really important and that’s education.
On its own, this story would be odd. Combined with reports that CHLPA spokesman Derek Clarke may actually be convicted fraudster Randy Gumbley, it’s beyond bizarre.
If somebody did actually loosen the bolts on Laraque’s tire, why did they do it? And who did it?
Is this real life?
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 7
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 9
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 8
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)