Oct 31, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
More and more players are opting to play overseas, but the other trend is locked-out skaters putting together charity games.
The latest one appears to feature many players — especially from the Winnipeg Jets — and the Winnipeg Police Service Patrolmen Hockey Club on Nov. 17, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free-Press.
Ladd reflected on how Friday’s “Champs for Charity” event pushed him more than any practice could, even if he described it as a “Harlem Globetrotters-type game.”
“The legs were definitely feeling a little tired. Even practicing during the summer there’s always a different intensity level once you get to camp and then into games,” Ladd said. “That’s always the case. It doesn’t matter how hard you are skating, it always seems to be another level beyond that so you’ve got to try to be ready for it when it comes.”
The event (called “The Goals for Dreams Hockey Challenge”) will take place at the Max Bell Centre in Winnipeg, benefiting the Dream Factory and The Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)