Oct 31, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
More and more players are opting to play overseas, but the other trend is locked-out skaters putting together charity games.
The latest one appears to feature many players — especially from the Winnipeg Jets — and the Winnipeg Police Service Patrolmen Hockey Club on Nov. 17, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free-Press.
Ladd reflected on how Friday’s “Champs for Charity” event pushed him more than any practice could, even if he described it as a “Harlem Globetrotters-type game.”
“The legs were definitely feeling a little tired. Even practicing during the summer there’s always a different intensity level once you get to camp and then into games,” Ladd said. “That’s always the case. It doesn’t matter how hard you are skating, it always seems to be another level beyond that so you’ve got to try to be ready for it when it comes.”
The event (called “The Goals for Dreams Hockey Challenge”) will take place at the Max Bell Centre in Winnipeg, benefiting the Dream Factory and The Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)