Oct 31, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
More and more players are opting to play overseas, but the other trend is locked-out skaters putting together charity games.
The latest one appears to feature many players — especially from the Winnipeg Jets — and the Winnipeg Police Service Patrolmen Hockey Club on Nov. 17, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free-Press.
Ladd reflected on how Friday’s “Champs for Charity” event pushed him more than any practice could, even if he described it as a “Harlem Globetrotters-type game.”
“The legs were definitely feeling a little tired. Even practicing during the summer there’s always a different intensity level once you get to camp and then into games,” Ladd said. “That’s always the case. It doesn’t matter how hard you are skating, it always seems to be another level beyond that so you’ve got to try to be ready for it when it comes.”
The event (called “The Goals for Dreams Hockey Challenge”) will take place at the Max Bell Centre in Winnipeg, benefiting the Dream Factory and The Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 8
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)