Oct 31, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have laid off their manager of media relations, according to Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
Morgan received an email from Tim Bulmer, who said his last day with the organization will be Nov. 5.
Bulmer confirmed to Yahoo!’s Greg Wyshynski that the layoff was “CBA-related.”
Two things to consider here:
First and foremost, yet another person with no say in the NHL’s work stoppage is out of a job.
Second, if a league-owned franchise is letting personnel go, what does it say about the chances of the lockout ending anytime soon?
Update (3 p.m. ET):
Confirmed, no lockout related layoffs in Phoenix yet, and none planned. If season cancelled, who knows. But none as of yet.—
Mark Spector Sports (@SportsnetSpec) October 31, 2012
Translation: the Coyotes are refuting the notion this layoff was “CBA-related.”
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)