Oct 31, 2012, 1:27 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have laid off their manager of media relations, according to Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona.
Morgan received an email from Tim Bulmer, who said his last day with the organization will be Nov. 5.
Bulmer confirmed to Yahoo!’s Greg Wyshynski that the layoff was “CBA-related.”
Two things to consider here:
First and foremost, yet another person with no say in the NHL’s work stoppage is out of a job.
Second, if a league-owned franchise is letting personnel go, what does it say about the chances of the lockout ending anytime soon?
Update (3 p.m. ET):
Confirmed, no lockout related layoffs in Phoenix yet, and none planned. If season cancelled, who knows. But none as of yet.—
Mark Spector Sports (@SportsnetSpec) October 31, 2012
Translation: the Coyotes are refuting the notion this layoff was “CBA-related.”
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35