Oct 31, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa (and, from the non-hockey division, Los Angeles’ Metta World Peace), Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban filled in as a guest meteorologist on CTV News Montreal on Tuesday evening.
Pretty solid weather reportage from Subban — nice suit, good energy, effervescent smile.
A far cry from Bieksa, who didn’t even bother to wear socks (FF to 6:00):
Bieksa did come strong with the “looking very green out today” line, though, so there’s that.
As for Subban…he actually “won” the weatherman gig after making a video resume. Because, you know, the lockout.
Here’s more, from the Montreal Gazette:
“Hi I’m P.K. Subban and I’m interested in a position in your company,” Subban says in the video, which you can see below. “I’m a hard worker and a team player. I’m pretty good with my hands and I have international experience.
“I have excellent problem-solving skills. I take responsibility for my actions. I’m not afraid to take one for the team. Oh yeah, and I’m great with computers. I can start immediately.
“Seriously … I’m bored.”
After seeing that, CTV quickly snapped hired him. No word if they’ll one-up the Habs by actually signing him to a contract extension.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 30
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)