Oct 31, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa (and, from the non-hockey division, Los Angeles’ Metta World Peace), Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban filled in as a guest meteorologist on CTV News Montreal on Tuesday evening.
Pretty solid weather reportage from Subban — nice suit, good energy, effervescent smile.
A far cry from Bieksa, who didn’t even bother to wear socks (FF to 6:00):
Bieksa did come strong with the “looking very green out today” line, though, so there’s that.
As for Subban…he actually “won” the weatherman gig after making a video resume. Because, you know, the lockout.
Here’s more, from the Montreal Gazette:
“Hi I’m P.K. Subban and I’m interested in a position in your company,” Subban says in the video, which you can see below. “I’m a hard worker and a team player. I’m pretty good with my hands and I have international experience.
“I have excellent problem-solving skills. I take responsibility for my actions. I’m not afraid to take one for the team. Oh yeah, and I’m great with computers. I can start immediately.
“Seriously … I’m bored.”
After seeing that, CTV quickly snapped hired him. No word if they’ll one-up the Habs by actually signing him to a contract extension.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 48
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal