Oct 31, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa (and, from the non-hockey division, Los Angeles’ Metta World Peace), Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban filled in as a guest meteorologist on CTV News Montreal on Tuesday evening.
Pretty solid weather reportage from Subban — nice suit, good energy, effervescent smile.
A far cry from Bieksa, who didn’t even bother to wear socks (FF to 6:00):
Bieksa did come strong with the “looking very green out today” line, though, so there’s that.
As for Subban…he actually “won” the weatherman gig after making a video resume. Because, you know, the lockout.
Here’s more, from the Montreal Gazette:
“Hi I’m P.K. Subban and I’m interested in a position in your company,” Subban says in the video, which you can see below. “I’m a hard worker and a team player. I’m pretty good with my hands and I have international experience.
“I have excellent problem-solving skills. I take responsibility for my actions. I’m not afraid to take one for the team. Oh yeah, and I’m great with computers. I can start immediately.
“Seriously … I’m bored.”
After seeing that, CTV quickly snapped hired him. No word if they’ll one-up the Habs by actually signing him to a contract extension.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)