Oct 31, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of Vancouver’s Kevin Bieksa (and, from the non-hockey division, Los Angeles’ Metta World Peace), Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban filled in as a guest meteorologist on CTV News Montreal on Tuesday evening.
Pretty solid weather reportage from Subban — nice suit, good energy, effervescent smile.
A far cry from Bieksa, who didn’t even bother to wear socks (FF to 6:00):
Bieksa did come strong with the “looking very green out today” line, though, so there’s that.
As for Subban…he actually “won” the weatherman gig after making a video resume. Because, you know, the lockout.
Here’s more, from the Montreal Gazette:
“Hi I’m P.K. Subban and I’m interested in a position in your company,” Subban says in the video, which you can see below. “I’m a hard worker and a team player. I’m pretty good with my hands and I have international experience.
“I have excellent problem-solving skills. I take responsibility for my actions. I’m not afraid to take one for the team. Oh yeah, and I’m great with computers. I can start immediately.
“Seriously … I’m bored.”
After seeing that, CTV quickly snapped hired him. No word if they’ll one-up the Habs by actually signing him to a contract extension.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)