Oct 31, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
At the risk of getting everyone’s hopes up, TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting that NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr “talked extensively” on the phone Tuesday.
According to Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the talks may have even qualified as “light negotiations.”
It’s been reported that the NHL will announce the cancelation of the Winter Classic on Thursday or Friday; however, we suppose there’s an outside shot that CBA progress could put an announcement on hold.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5