Oct 31, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
At the risk of getting everyone’s hopes up, TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting that NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr “talked extensively” on the phone Tuesday.
According to Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the talks may have even qualified as “light negotiations.”
It’s been reported that the NHL will announce the cancelation of the Winter Classic on Thursday or Friday; however, we suppose there’s an outside shot that CBA progress could put an announcement on hold.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54