Oct 31, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Although he seems to be doing OK skating here and there, he told Khan that he wouldn’t be ready for training camp if it was coming up this month.
“It’s hard to gauge out here, it’s summer hockey, two-on-two,” Eaves said. “I don’t feel close to where I was quite yet.”
In the mean time, he’s reportedly seeing a specialist at the University of Michigan and – one bright side – continues to collect checks from the Detroit Red Wings. He’s the only player on the roster who’s still being treated and able to see the team because of injury reasons.
Still, it’s likely he’d prefer the headaches to subside, although at least his jaw is reportedly fully healed.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 6
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 5
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 33
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 46
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (46)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)