Oct 31, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Although he seems to be doing OK skating here and there, he told Khan that he wouldn’t be ready for training camp if it was coming up this month.
“It’s hard to gauge out here, it’s summer hockey, two-on-two,” Eaves said. “I don’t feel close to where I was quite yet.”
In the mean time, he’s reportedly seeing a specialist at the University of Michigan and – one bright side – continues to collect checks from the Detroit Red Wings. He’s the only player on the roster who’s still being treated and able to see the team because of injury reasons.
Still, it’s likely he’d prefer the headaches to subside, although at least his jaw is reportedly fully healed.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)