Oct 31, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Although he seems to be doing OK skating here and there, he told Khan that he wouldn’t be ready for training camp if it was coming up this month.
“It’s hard to gauge out here, it’s summer hockey, two-on-two,” Eaves said. “I don’t feel close to where I was quite yet.”
In the mean time, he’s reportedly seeing a specialist at the University of Michigan and – one bright side – continues to collect checks from the Detroit Red Wings. He’s the only player on the roster who’s still being treated and able to see the team because of injury reasons.
Still, it’s likely he’d prefer the headaches to subside, although at least his jaw is reportedly fully healed.
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 6
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 21
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 6
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 9
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 48
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 18
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)