Oct 31, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
One NHLer out, another NHLer in.
Kelly, 31, is coming off a career year with the Bruins that saw him score 20G-19A-39PTS in 82 games before chipping in with three points in seven playoff games. In June, Boston rewarded him with a four-year, $12 million extension.
The move to Switzerland will be Kelly’s first foray into European hockey.
During the last lockout, he opted to stay in North America and play for Ottawa’s AHL affiliate in Binghamton, where he broke out with a 24-goal, 60-point effort. That performance kickstarted his NHL career — the following season, he appeared in all 82 games for the Senators, scoring 10 times.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)