Oct 31, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
One NHLer out, another NHLer in.
Kelly, 31, is coming off a career year with the Bruins that saw him score 20G-19A-39PTS in 82 games before chipping in with three points in seven playoff games. In June, Boston rewarded him with a four-year, $12 million extension.
The move to Switzerland will be Kelly’s first foray into European hockey.
During the last lockout, he opted to stay in North America and play for Ottawa’s AHL affiliate in Binghamton, where he broke out with a 24-goal, 60-point effort. That performance kickstarted his NHL career — the following season, he appeared in all 82 games for the Senators, scoring 10 times.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15