Oct 30, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Peter Regin‘s time with SC Langenthal has come to an end.
According to the club website, Regin is done playing for the Swiss National League B side after scoring five points in four games.
His departure coincides with the return of Jeff Campbell, the team’s leading scorer from a year ago that missed the last two weeks to injury.
Regin signed on with Langenthal after a tough 2011-12 campaign that saw him miss 72 games with a shoulder injury.
Despite the down year, Ottawa re-signed the Danish forward to a one-year, $800,000 deal this past offseason.
If his brief time in Switzerland was any indication, Regin looked to regain some of the form posted in 2009-10, when he appeared in 75 games for the Sens and posted 13G-16A-29PTS, leading the team in playoff goalscoring.
Finally, here’s the delightful Google translate of his departure from Langenthal:
The Danish international and NHL player Peter Regin on Wednesday to fly back to Ottawa. Regin, who flew in the short term as Campbell’s replacement had to Switzerland, in the four games, scored five points and easily inserted into the team from the start. Regin was with his performances bring a certain flair to Langenthal NHL and was short with his appearances enriching.
The SC Langenthal thanks Peter Regin for the spontaneous, non-obvious and wishes him for yet another, uncertain course of the season in the NHL all the best and much success.
I can only hope that, when my time at PHT comes to an end, the tenure will also be described as both spontaneous and non-obvious.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner