Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Patrick Kane finally got into some action that didn’t involve charity games, scoring a goal and an assist in his debut for Swiss League team Biel.
The Detroit Red Wings star scored two goals and two assists as Zug defeated Biel 7-4, according to Flash Score’s numbers. That great output pushes Zetterberg’s brief run to seven goals and 12 points in just five games, according to IIHF communication director Szymon Szemberg.
(Seguin had an assist in the game, by the way.)
While Zetterberg stole the show, Kane’s goal was certainly a highlight, as Szemberg details:
Patrick Kane scores in his 1st game for Biel. Cuts in from right, makes D man Wozniewski, goalie Rytz look a little foolish. 2-1 Biel.—
Szymon Szemberg (@Sz1909_Szemberg) October 30, 2012
Kane does have a habit of doing that.
So at least there are good things happening outside of the NHL, right?
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)