Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
Patrick Kane finally got into some action that didn’t involve charity games, scoring a goal and an assist in his debut for Swiss League team Biel.
The Detroit Red Wings star scored two goals and two assists as Zug defeated Biel 7-4, according to Flash Score’s numbers. That great output pushes Zetterberg’s brief run to seven goals and 12 points in just five games, according to IIHF communication director Szymon Szemberg.
(Seguin had an assist in the game, by the way.)
While Zetterberg stole the show, Kane’s goal was certainly a highlight, as Szemberg details:
Patrick Kane scores in his 1st game for Biel. Cuts in from right, makes D man Wozniewski, goalie Rytz look a little foolish. 2-1 Biel.—
Szymon Szemberg (@Sz1909_Szemberg) October 30, 2012
Kane does have a habit of doing that.
So at least there are good things happening outside of the NHL, right?
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 5
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 27
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 8
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27