Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Patrick Kane finally got into some action that didn’t involve charity games, scoring a goal and an assist in his debut for Swiss League team Biel.
The Detroit Red Wings star scored two goals and two assists as Zug defeated Biel 7-4, according to Flash Score’s numbers. That great output pushes Zetterberg’s brief run to seven goals and 12 points in just five games, according to IIHF communication director Szymon Szemberg.
(Seguin had an assist in the game, by the way.)
While Zetterberg stole the show, Kane’s goal was certainly a highlight, as Szemberg details:
Patrick Kane scores in his 1st game for Biel. Cuts in from right, makes D man Wozniewski, goalie Rytz look a little foolish. 2-1 Biel.—
Szymon Szemberg (@Sz1909_Szemberg) October 30, 2012
Kane does have a habit of doing that.
So at least there are good things happening outside of the NHL, right?
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)