Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Patrick Kane finally got into some action that didn’t involve charity games, scoring a goal and an assist in his debut for Swiss League team Biel.
The Detroit Red Wings star scored two goals and two assists as Zug defeated Biel 7-4, according to Flash Score’s numbers. That great output pushes Zetterberg’s brief run to seven goals and 12 points in just five games, according to IIHF communication director Szymon Szemberg.
(Seguin had an assist in the game, by the way.)
While Zetterberg stole the show, Kane’s goal was certainly a highlight, as Szemberg details:
Patrick Kane scores in his 1st game for Biel. Cuts in from right, makes D man Wozniewski, goalie Rytz look a little foolish. 2-1 Biel.—
Szymon Szemberg (@Sz1909_Szemberg) October 30, 2012
Kane does have a habit of doing that.
So at least there are good things happening outside of the NHL, right?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)