Oct 30, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
If the ordeal bothers Simmonds, it seems like he’s using it as motivation.
Much like scoring during a shootout as a preseason incident occurred in 2011, Simmonds had a productive day on the ice in his latest game. He scored two goals in a 3-2 Liberec win against Brno, according to NHL.com’s Bill Meltzer.
It’s already been a busy locked-out season for Simmonds considering this situation and the fact that he bolted from his German second division team to join Liberec almost a week ago.
On the bright side for Simmonds, his big new six-year, $23.85 million extension doesn’t kick in until the 2013-14 campaign, so this strange exodus at least won’t hurt his wallet quite as much as it could have.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 39
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)