Oct 30, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
If the ordeal bothers Simmonds, it seems like he’s using it as motivation.
Much like scoring during a shootout as a preseason incident occurred in 2011, Simmonds had a productive day on the ice in his latest game. He scored two goals in a 3-2 Liberec win against Brno, according to NHL.com’s Bill Meltzer.
It’s already been a busy locked-out season for Simmonds considering this situation and the fact that he bolted from his German second division team to join Liberec almost a week ago.
On the bright side for Simmonds, his big new six-year, $23.85 million extension doesn’t kick in until the 2013-14 campaign, so this strange exodus at least won’t hurt his wallet quite as much as it could have.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)