Oct 30, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
If the ordeal bothers Simmonds, it seems like he’s using it as motivation.
Much like scoring during a shootout as a preseason incident occurred in 2011, Simmonds had a productive day on the ice in his latest game. He scored two goals in a 3-2 Liberec win against Brno, according to NHL.com’s Bill Meltzer.
It’s already been a busy locked-out season for Simmonds considering this situation and the fact that he bolted from his German second division team to join Liberec almost a week ago.
On the bright side for Simmonds, his big new six-year, $23.85 million extension doesn’t kick in until the 2013-14 campaign, so this strange exodus at least won’t hurt his wallet quite as much as it could have.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)