Oct 30, 2012, 12:07 AM EST
Lavoie reports that the two sides are still speaking via phone calls and e-mails, however.
As discouraging as this update might be, it shouldn’t be surprising considering the tensions that have been building since the NHL rejected the NHLPA’s three plans on Oct. 18 and November’s games were canceled.
Earlier on Monday, NHL exec Bill Daly insisted that there’s “still a large gulf to bridge.” On the other hand, some players are venting frustrations toward owners while others point fingers at both sides.
At the moment, it seems as if the hockey world’s attention will focus on more possible cancellations rather than the next round of meetings.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (147)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)