Oct 30, 2012, 12:07 AM EDT
Lavoie reports that the two sides are still speaking via phone calls and e-mails, however.
As discouraging as this update might be, it shouldn’t be surprising considering the tensions that have been building since the NHL rejected the NHLPA’s three plans on Oct. 18 and November’s games were canceled.
Earlier on Monday, NHL exec Bill Daly insisted that there’s “still a large gulf to bridge.” On the other hand, some players are venting frustrations toward owners while others point fingers at both sides.
At the moment, it seems as if the hockey world’s attention will focus on more possible cancellations rather than the next round of meetings.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)