Oct 30, 2012, 12:07 AM EDT
Lavoie reports that the two sides are still speaking via phone calls and e-mails, however.
As discouraging as this update might be, it shouldn’t be surprising considering the tensions that have been building since the NHL rejected the NHLPA’s three plans on Oct. 18 and November’s games were canceled.
Earlier on Monday, NHL exec Bill Daly insisted that there’s “still a large gulf to bridge.” On the other hand, some players are venting frustrations toward owners while others point fingers at both sides.
At the moment, it seems as if the hockey world’s attention will focus on more possible cancellations rather than the next round of meetings.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17