Oct 29, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
In news we may not have covered if there were hockey being played, the Ottawa Senators will sponsor new PGA Tour member Brad Fritsch for the upcoming season.
Fritsch – from the Ottawa suburb of Manotick, Ont. – will wear the Sens’ logo on his shirt and golf bag in 2013. The 34-year-old earned his PGA Tour card on Sunday by finishing in the top 25 of the Web.com Tour.
“I am overjoyed to partner with and represent the NHL team that I’ve grown up with the last 20 years,” said Fritsch. “It is an honor and a pleasure to be associated with the Senators and my hope is that this is a partnership that will last for many, many years.”
In an odd twist, a golfer sponsored by the Vancouver Canucks, Adam Hadwin, just missed out on his PGA Tour card after being bumped out of the top 25 on the final hole of the Web.com Tour Championship.
And since it’s tradition to make a crack about the Leafs on these occasions…
The Toronto Maple Leafs have decided against sponsoring a PGA Tour member in 2013 as they already spent $63.5 million on golfers last year.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 47
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 42
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)