Oct 29, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
The SM-liiga’s top team bolstered its roster on Monday as Jyvaskyla JYP agreed to terms with Montreal Canadiens foward Lars Eller on a lockout deal.
St. Louis’ 13th overall pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Eller was a key part of the trade that saw Jaroslav Halak leave Montreal in 2010.
Eller debuted with the Habs that same year and, in 2011-12, posted career-highs across the board in games played (79), goals (16), assists (12) and points (28).
In January, Eller became the first Canadien in six years to score four goals in a game when he potted four in a 7-3 win over Winnipeg.
Of note: Eller is the eighth Montreal player to land overseas during the work stoppage, joining Alexei Emelin (KHL), Andrei Markov (KHL), Max Pacioretty (Switzerland), Tomas Kaberle (Czech Extraliga), Yannick Weber (Switzerland), Rahpael Diaz (Switzerland) and Tomas Plekanec (Czech Extraliga).
That said, both Kaberle and Pacioretty left their respective teams and returned to North America.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)