Oct 29, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The SM-liiga’s top team bolstered its roster on Monday as Jyvaskyla JYP agreed to terms with Montreal Canadiens foward Lars Eller on a lockout deal.
St. Louis’ 13th overall pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Eller was a key part of the trade that saw Jaroslav Halak leave Montreal in 2010.
Eller debuted with the Habs that same year and, in 2011-12, posted career-highs across the board in games played (79), goals (16), assists (12) and points (28).
In January, Eller became the first Canadien in six years to score four goals in a game when he potted four in a 7-3 win over Winnipeg.
Of note: Eller is the eighth Montreal player to land overseas during the work stoppage, joining Alexei Emelin (KHL), Andrei Markov (KHL), Max Pacioretty (Switzerland), Tomas Kaberle (Czech Extraliga), Yannick Weber (Switzerland), Rahpael Diaz (Switzerland) and Tomas Plekanec (Czech Extraliga).
That said, both Kaberle and Pacioretty left their respective teams and returned to North America.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 9
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 86
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (86)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)