Oct 29, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The SM-liiga’s top team bolstered its roster on Monday as Jyvaskyla JYP agreed to terms with Montreal Canadiens foward Lars Eller on a lockout deal.
St. Louis’ 13th overall pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Eller was a key part of the trade that saw Jaroslav Halak leave Montreal in 2010.
Eller debuted with the Habs that same year and, in 2011-12, posted career-highs across the board in games played (79), goals (16), assists (12) and points (28).
In January, Eller became the first Canadien in six years to score four goals in a game when he potted four in a 7-3 win over Winnipeg.
Of note: Eller is the eighth Montreal player to land overseas during the work stoppage, joining Alexei Emelin (KHL), Andrei Markov (KHL), Max Pacioretty (Switzerland), Tomas Kaberle (Czech Extraliga), Yannick Weber (Switzerland), Rahpael Diaz (Switzerland) and Tomas Plekanec (Czech Extraliga).
That said, both Kaberle and Pacioretty left their respective teams and returned to North America.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 2
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)