Oct 29, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
The SM-liiga’s top team bolstered its roster on Monday as Jyvaskyla JYP agreed to terms with Montreal Canadiens foward Lars Eller on a lockout deal.
St. Louis’ 13th overall pick at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Eller was a key part of the trade that saw Jaroslav Halak leave Montreal in 2010.
Eller debuted with the Habs that same year and, in 2011-12, posted career-highs across the board in games played (79), goals (16), assists (12) and points (28).
In January, Eller became the first Canadien in six years to score four goals in a game when he potted four in a 7-3 win over Winnipeg.
Of note: Eller is the eighth Montreal player to land overseas during the work stoppage, joining Alexei Emelin (KHL), Andrei Markov (KHL), Max Pacioretty (Switzerland), Tomas Kaberle (Czech Extraliga), Yannick Weber (Switzerland), Rahpael Diaz (Switzerland) and Tomas Plekanec (Czech Extraliga).
That said, both Kaberle and Pacioretty left their respective teams and returned to North America.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)