Oct 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Veteran NHLer Matt Bradley has found work during the lockout, agreeing to terms with Finnish second division team TuTo.
Bradley, 34, spent last season with the Florida Panthers, registering 3G-5A-8PTS in 45 games — though his season was derailed by a concussion suffered in February after a missed check on Anaheim’s George Parros.
The injury cost Bradley the final 24 games of the regular season and all of Florida’s seven opening-round playoff games against New Jersey.
In June, the Panthers put Bradley on unconditional waivers and later bought out the final year of his contract ($950,000 cap hit.) According to CapGeek, the buyout saved the Panthers $333,333 in salary.
Bradley is a 11-year NHL veteran with nearly 700 games on his resume (and 47 playoff games). His best season came with Washington in 2009-10, when he scored 10G-14A-24PTS in 77 games for the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Capitals.
Of note, the Finnish second division has teams called KooKoo and TuTo. It’s probably the greatest league in the world.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)