Oct 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Veteran NHLer Matt Bradley has found work during the lockout, agreeing to terms with Finnish second division team TuTo.
Bradley, 34, spent last season with the Florida Panthers, registering 3G-5A-8PTS in 45 games — though his season was derailed by a concussion suffered in February after a missed check on Anaheim’s George Parros.
The injury cost Bradley the final 24 games of the regular season and all of Florida’s seven opening-round playoff games against New Jersey.
In June, the Panthers put Bradley on unconditional waivers and later bought out the final year of his contract ($950,000 cap hit.) According to CapGeek, the buyout saved the Panthers $333,333 in salary.
Bradley is a 11-year NHL veteran with nearly 700 games on his resume (and 47 playoff games). His best season came with Washington in 2009-10, when he scored 10G-14A-24PTS in 77 games for the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Capitals.
Of note, the Finnish second division has teams called KooKoo and TuTo. It’s probably the greatest league in the world.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)