Oct 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Veteran NHLer Matt Bradley has found work during the lockout, agreeing to terms with Finnish second division team TuTo.
Bradley, 34, spent last season with the Florida Panthers, registering 3G-5A-8PTS in 45 games — though his season was derailed by a concussion suffered in February after a missed check on Anaheim’s George Parros.
The injury cost Bradley the final 24 games of the regular season and all of Florida’s seven opening-round playoff games against New Jersey.
In June, the Panthers put Bradley on unconditional waivers and later bought out the final year of his contract ($950,000 cap hit.) According to CapGeek, the buyout saved the Panthers $333,333 in salary.
Bradley is a 11-year NHL veteran with nearly 700 games on his resume (and 47 playoff games). His best season came with Washington in 2009-10, when he scored 10G-14A-24PTS in 77 games for the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Capitals.
Of note, the Finnish second division has teams called KooKoo and TuTo. It’s probably the greatest league in the world.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)