Oct 29, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Veteran NHLer Matt Bradley has found work during the lockout, agreeing to terms with Finnish second division team TuTo.
Bradley, 34, spent last season with the Florida Panthers, registering 3G-5A-8PTS in 45 games — though his season was derailed by a concussion suffered in February after a missed check on Anaheim’s George Parros.
The injury cost Bradley the final 24 games of the regular season and all of Florida’s seven opening-round playoff games against New Jersey.
In June, the Panthers put Bradley on unconditional waivers and later bought out the final year of his contract ($950,000 cap hit.) According to CapGeek, the buyout saved the Panthers $333,333 in salary.
Bradley is a 11-year NHL veteran with nearly 700 games on his resume (and 47 playoff games). His best season came with Washington in 2009-10, when he scored 10G-14A-24PTS in 77 games for the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Capitals.
Of note, the Finnish second division has teams called KooKoo and TuTo. It’s probably the greatest league in the world.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)