Oct 29, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
Malkin was named the best “attacker” after his red-hot week (three goals and six assists in just three games). Yakupov earned the best rookie nod thanks to some healthy sniping; he had three goals in two contests.
Malkin continues to climb the rankings of KHL top scorers overall this season.
Alex Radulov is currently on top with 28 points, yet Malkin already has 24 despite playing in five fewer games. Malkin’s also building on the aggression he showed in the NHL last season, firing a stunning 90 shots on goal in just 16 contests.
Yakupov doesn’t have the same balance between goals and assists (eight tallies, just three helpers), but the Edmonton Oilers should still be heartened to see early signs of him delivering as a dangerous goal-scorer.
In case you’re wondering, Vitaly Koval took goalie of the week while Alexander Osipov was named the best defenseman to round out last week’s KHL awards.
Other non-NHL weekly awards: Dan Ellis takes AHL’s honors
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)