Oct 29, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
Malkin was named the best “attacker” after his red-hot week (three goals and six assists in just three games). Yakupov earned the best rookie nod thanks to some healthy sniping; he had three goals in two contests.
Malkin continues to climb the rankings of KHL top scorers overall this season.
Alex Radulov is currently on top with 28 points, yet Malkin already has 24 despite playing in five fewer games. Malkin’s also building on the aggression he showed in the NHL last season, firing a stunning 90 shots on goal in just 16 contests.
Yakupov doesn’t have the same balance between goals and assists (eight tallies, just three helpers), but the Edmonton Oilers should still be heartened to see early signs of him delivering as a dangerous goal-scorer.
In case you’re wondering, Vitaly Koval took goalie of the week while Alexander Osipov was named the best defenseman to round out last week’s KHL awards.
Other non-NHL weekly awards: Dan Ellis takes AHL’s honors
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 6
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 38
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 81
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control