Oct 29, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
“There’s a lot of frustration built up for me, personally,” Staal said.
” … It’s hard to figure out, because it just doesn’t seem like there’s a care for the game. There is from us (players) and from our fans. But on the other side, it doesn’t seem like it has anything to do with it. That’s difficult for us but probably a reality.”
The Staal family just missed out on what would have been a memorable game last Friday, as Eric and Jordan Staal were scheduled to lead the Carolina Hurricanes against Marc Staal and the New York Rangers.
Instead, Jordan played in a charity exhibition game.
Alexander points out that Eric would lose $8.5 million if this season is totally wiped out, but the Hurricanes captain seems just as worried about missing out on a prime year with a revamped roster.
” … It’s years that are important to me and important to our team here,” Staal said. “We’ve got a good group of guys at ages where we should be competing with the elite teams. And now we’re not competing because of a labor dispute. It’s frustrating.”
Also frustrating: skipping a tradition where he often eats a “celebratory cupcake” on a team flight (basically a frosting lockout).
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 4
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 59
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 33
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 56
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save