Oct 29, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Dan Ellis isn’t having any problems in the AHL. The Charlotte Checkers goalie has been named player of the week after two perfect appearances on Friday and Saturday.
From the TheAHL.com:
On Friday night in Grand Rapids, Ellis came on in relief early in the second period and stopped all 15 shots he faced in 38:51 of work, holding down the fort as Charlotte erased a 4-1 deficit and rallied for a 6-4 victory over the Griffins. Then on Saturday, Ellis got the start and made 27 saves for his first shutout of the season, backstopping the Checkers to a 4-0 win in Peoria.
Ellis, 32, signed a professional tryout contract with the Checkers in September. He spent last season with the Anaheim Ducks, posting a 1-5-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
In four appearances with the Checkers, Ellis is 3-0-1 with a 1.07 goals-against average and .967 save percentage.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)