Oct 29, 2012, 4:59 PM EST
Dan Ellis isn’t having any problems in the AHL. The Charlotte Checkers goalie has been named player of the week after two perfect appearances on Friday and Saturday.
From the TheAHL.com:
On Friday night in Grand Rapids, Ellis came on in relief early in the second period and stopped all 15 shots he faced in 38:51 of work, holding down the fort as Charlotte erased a 4-1 deficit and rallied for a 6-4 victory over the Griffins. Then on Saturday, Ellis got the start and made 27 saves for his first shutout of the season, backstopping the Checkers to a 4-0 win in Peoria.
Ellis, 32, signed a professional tryout contract with the Checkers in September. He spent last season with the Anaheim Ducks, posting a 1-5-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
In four appearances with the Checkers, Ellis is 3-0-1 with a 1.07 goals-against average and .967 save percentage.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)