Oct 29, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Dan Ellis isn’t having any problems in the AHL. The Charlotte Checkers goalie has been named player of the week after two perfect appearances on Friday and Saturday.
From the TheAHL.com:
On Friday night in Grand Rapids, Ellis came on in relief early in the second period and stopped all 15 shots he faced in 38:51 of work, holding down the fort as Charlotte erased a 4-1 deficit and rallied for a 6-4 victory over the Griffins. Then on Saturday, Ellis got the start and made 27 saves for his first shutout of the season, backstopping the Checkers to a 4-0 win in Peoria.
Ellis, 32, signed a professional tryout contract with the Checkers in September. He spent last season with the Anaheim Ducks, posting a 1-5-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
In four appearances with the Checkers, Ellis is 3-0-1 with a 1.07 goals-against average and .967 save percentage.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)