Oct 29, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Dan Ellis isn’t having any problems in the AHL. The Charlotte Checkers goalie has been named player of the week after two perfect appearances on Friday and Saturday.
From the TheAHL.com:
On Friday night in Grand Rapids, Ellis came on in relief early in the second period and stopped all 15 shots he faced in 38:51 of work, holding down the fort as Charlotte erased a 4-1 deficit and rallied for a 6-4 victory over the Griffins. Then on Saturday, Ellis got the start and made 27 saves for his first shutout of the season, backstopping the Checkers to a 4-0 win in Peoria.
Ellis, 32, signed a professional tryout contract with the Checkers in September. He spent last season with the Anaheim Ducks, posting a 1-5-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
In four appearances with the Checkers, Ellis is 3-0-1 with a 1.07 goals-against average and .967 save percentage.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25