Oct 29, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
When the NHL tabled its 50-50 proposal two weeks ago, it was hoping the players would negotiate off the structure of that offer.
Instead, the NHLPA responded with three proposals of its own creation that the league promptly rejected.
At the time, commissioner Gary Bettman said it was “clear that we’re not speaking the same language.”
Monday, deputy commissioner Bill Daly expressed frustration with the way things have played out while providing little clue as to how negotiations might move forward.
“No new news,” Daly told ESPN.com. “We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution. We hope the union is doing the same thing. Given the fact that the union refused even to discuss our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large gulf to bridge.”
The fact the two sides haven’t even agreed on the structure of the next CBA doesn’t bode well as it’s yet another roadblock to the end of the work stoppage.
On Friday, the NHL canceled all games through November.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)