Oct 29, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
When the NHL tabled its 50-50 proposal two weeks ago, it was hoping the players would negotiate off the structure of that offer.
Instead, the NHLPA responded with three proposals of its own creation that the league promptly rejected.
At the time, commissioner Gary Bettman said it was “clear that we’re not speaking the same language.”
Monday, deputy commissioner Bill Daly expressed frustration with the way things have played out while providing little clue as to how negotiations might move forward.
“No new news,” Daly told ESPN.com. “We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution. We hope the union is doing the same thing. Given the fact that the union refused even to discuss our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large gulf to bridge.”
The fact the two sides haven’t even agreed on the structure of the next CBA doesn’t bode well as it’s yet another roadblock to the end of the work stoppage.
On Friday, the NHL canceled all games through November.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)