Oct 28, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
With some time to think about it, he told the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo he doesn’t question Leipold after all.
“I thought a lot about it since what I said, I don’t question Craig Leipold and Minnesota with regards to negotiating our contracts in good faith,” Suter said. “I don’t question that. That might have came off wrong … It’s just frustrating. We just want to play.”
Suter admits that his contract was built with some significant protection from the lockout, too.
“There definitely was,” Suter said. “Whenever the CBA’s up, after last time what happened, we wanted to protect ourselves, so yeah, there was risk. We both knew that. Just moving forward, I don’t want to get into a battle about that. I don’t want to be a posterboy. I’m just trying to be honest with you. I don’t question Craig. I don’t feel like it was negotiated unfaithfully or untruthfully.”
It begs the question: will it be awkward between Suter and the Wild owner whenever the lockout blows over?
Suter doesn’t think so.
“I don’t see it being a problem once this is over,” Suter said. “Don [Fehr] is doing a great job for the players and we stand behind him. They’re negotiating and we’re sitting back waiting for it to get done so we can play.”
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)